Explosion Camera Shake

Discussion on technical issues (installation, launching).
xerrol nanoha
Level 2

Explosion Camera Shake

Postby xerrol nanoha » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 2:32 am

I would love for this to go away because during intense moments when the framerate already suffers from particles and physics, the camera shake emphasizes the problem and makes it way worse than it would normally be.

Is there a way to turn this off? If not, is there a way for Caeltos or other Elite mod devs to disable camera shake effects?
Lulgrim
Admin

Re: Explosion Camera Shake

Postby Lulgrim » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 6:27 am

Are you using a modern PC? It is removable technically, if enough people want it that way I guess.
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Postby DandyFrontline » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 10:21 am

I guess it was already removed for LG basilisk barrage in elite, but really, i dont think we need its to be removed totally in 2016
xerrol nanoha
Level 2

Postby xerrol nanoha » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 6:47 pm

I'm using a laptop with a gtx 860m and i7-4710. Under normal conditions of playing a get a nice 60-80 frames (in last stand for instance 90 all the time) but during particle intense moments with nukes going off it can drop to as low as 25 frames minimum. During those moments precision targeting isn't too difficult, it's just that almost no other strategy game I can think of uses camera shake during intense fights, so it feels more difficult than I'm used to.

I was hoping there was something I could do locally, but I guess not.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 12:44 am

The shaking is done through art files, so you could remove them from the files and add the modified files as a mod on top of Elite iirc. Wouldn't be too hard to do if you can tell me which abilities cause problems for you.

I won't be able to do it for another two weeks, though. I won't be home to a computer with all of the stuff I'd need until then.
xerrol nanoha
Level 2

Postby xerrol nanoha » Wed 08 Jun, 2016 8:09 pm

Wise Windu wrote:The shaking is done through art files, so you could remove them from the files and add the modified files as a mod on top of Elite iirc. Wouldn't be too hard to do if you can tell me which abilities cause problems for you.

I won't be able to do it for another two weeks, though. I won't be home to a computer with all of the stuff I'd need until then.

You're a super hero!
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Mon 20 Jun, 2016 5:55 pm

xerrol nanoha wrote:...

Here's a mod you can paste in your Elite/Archives folder and overwrite the old one:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Ktn5 ... sp=sharing

That should remove all of the PvP camshake effects. I didn't bother checking the Necron and Tau. If you have any altered color schemes, let me know and send me your armypaintercolours.lua and defaultchaptercolours.lua and I can make you a new file that includes them. This mod overwrites custom armypaintercolours and defaultchaptercolours.
xerrol nanoha
Level 2

Postby xerrol nanoha » Mon 20 Jun, 2016 8:50 pm

Wise Windu wrote:
xerrol nanoha wrote:...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Ktn5 ... sp=sharing

You're a super hero Windu! Thanks for taking the time to do this for me, I really appreciate it!
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 3:44 am

Hey, no problem. I hope it helps

Return to “Technical Issues”