Campaign Quirks

Discussion on technical issues (installation, launching).
xXKageAsashinXx
Level 2

Campaign Quirks

Postby xXKageAsashinXx » Wed 19 Aug, 2015 6:34 am

Now before I get half the forum on my head in an uproar, yes I know this is a multiplayer mod. However, in the case where you never touch retail, even have steam launch elite automatically, then feel the urge to play some campaign just because you felt like it and wanted a change of DoWII pace, you'll find out that quite a crapton of things are either messed up or gone altogether.

Ex. Floating multilasgun because the IG didn't have the parts needed to construct a full sentinel. Green goop appearing out of thin air because screw you, banewolves have permanent stealth. Storm Eagle missiles coming down from the heavens because the manticore in the sky hates your guts that much. Underground strongholds since normal ones are so last season.

And that's just the IG stuff. TM becomes a dullahan that can't find his head and Cyris decided to go on vacation, leaving all his responsibilities on the next scout sergeant.

Is this just a file mishap between the mod and the game itself, or is it something that just wasn't thought about since this is a multiplayer exclusive mod?
So... I hear you refuse to repent.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Re: Campaign Quirks

Postby Dark Riku » Wed 19 Aug, 2015 11:05 am

We know. It's a MP only mod.

If you want to play anything else (Campaign/TLS) use retail.
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Wed 19 Aug, 2015 11:31 am

The Elite models conflict with the campaign. As said, just switch back to retail for it.
Jes
Level 1

Postby Jes » Wed 19 Aug, 2015 5:28 pm

xXKageAsashinXx wrote:Now before I get half the forum on my head in an uproar, yes I know this is a multiplayer mod.

I doubt anyone's going to be in an uproar, but still..

Why are you trying to play campaign with an MP-only mod?
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Wed 19 Aug, 2015 6:43 pm

Yeah, the Imperial Guard, and some SM, models specifically were affected in the recent patches because of the new models for them in the Catachan and Mordian schemes. The models used in the campaign are the same ones used in multiplayer in many instances - as they should be, not only for continuity, but to save Relic space, time and money.

The vehicles and buildings don't work exactly the same as the infantry units do. The base model for infantry is "invisible", so adding another model on top of it just gives it a different skin, which was necessary for many of the army leveling skins that can be unlocked. For vehicles and buildings, though, the base model is just the skin of the vehicle, and is not "invisible" in most cases. So adding another skin on top of it makes them overlap.

So for most of the vehicles and buildings that are now invisible in campaign, the old model was overwritten with an "invisible" one so new skins could be added on top, which is what Relic did with Chaos Dreadnoughts when they released DLC for them. The only difference is that we didn't change the unit files for the units in the campaign to account for this since the focus of the mod is multiplayer, and changing all of the things affected would've taken a lot of time.
xXKageAsashinXx
Level 2

Postby xXKageAsashinXx » Wed 19 Aug, 2015 7:30 pm

Jes wrote:
xXKageAsashinXx wrote:Now before I get half the forum on my head in an uproar, yes I know this is a multiplayer mod.

I doubt anyone's going to be in an uproar, but still..

Why are you trying to play campaign with an MP-only mod?

xXKageAsashinXx wrote:However, in the case where you never touch retail, even have steam launch elite automatically, then feel the urge to play some campaign just because you felt like it and wanted a change of DoWII pace

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wise Windu wrote:Yeah, the Imperial Guard, and some SM, models specifically were affected in the recent patches because of the new models for them in the Catachan and Mordian schemes. The models used in the campaign are the same ones used in multiplayer in many instances - as they should be, not only for continuity, but to save Relic space, time and money.

The vehicles and buildings don't work exactly the same as the infantry units do. The base model for infantry is "invisible", so adding another model on top of it just gives it a different skin, which was necessary for many of the army leveling skins that can be unlocked. For vehicles and buildings, though, the base model is just the skin of the vehicle, and is not "invisible" in most cases. So adding another skin on top of it makes them overlap.

So for most of the vehicles and buildings that are now invisible in campaign, the old model was overwritten with an "invisible" one so new skins could be added on top, which is what Relic did with Chaos Dreadnoughts when they released DLC for them. The only difference is that we didn't change the unit files for the units in the campaign to account for this since the focus of the mod is multiplayer, and changing all of the things affected would've taken a lot of time.

That's interesting. Didn't know that (obviously XD). Thank you and the other three for answering.
So... I hear you refuse to repent.

Return to “Technical Issues”