Video Guide On Installing Elite Mod

Discussion on technical issues (installation, launching).
The Red Right Hand
Level 1

Video Guide On Installing Elite Mod

Postby The Red Right Hand » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 8:21 am

I have a video tutorial on "How To Install DOW2REM" its on YouTube, and I'm teaching you how its done in the video/ Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPCXG1qXzUw
sterling
Contributor

Re: Video Guide On Installing Elite Mod

Postby sterling » Mon 27 Apr, 2015 7:46 pm

Good stuff man, perhaps we could get this embedded on the moddb page as there's been a few questions about how to install?
New models for Elite and Retribution...
http://www.dawnofwar.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=397
Swift

Postby Swift » Mon 27 Apr, 2015 9:47 pm

WHilst I appreciate the effort, I think it's sad that people don't read the instructions and then whine the mod is broken, so you having to make a video on it is testament to the general ignorance. Anyway good work!
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Epostle
Level 1

Postby Epostle » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 3:52 pm

Can you make one for Linux users like me? I really wanna play the elite mod, but can't seem to get the install right for the linux version. When I download the file, it doesn't give me an install prompt like it does for windows. I get the raw data packs, extract them into the location provided, just like in the video, and it doesn't work.

The game works, just not the mod.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 5:19 pm

Added the video to the Steam group overview. Would add it to the ModDB page, but I can't edit things on there. :P

Epostle wrote:Can you make one for Linux users like me? I really wanna play the elite mod, but can't seem to get the install right for the linux version. When I download the file, it doesn't give me an install prompt like it does for windows. I get the raw data packs, extract them into the location provided, just like in the video, and it doesn't work.

I'm not really familiar with Linux. Anyone know why the mod wouldn't work on it with the same installation process?
The Red Right Hand
Level 1

Postby The Red Right Hand » Sun 03 May, 2020 3:19 am

sterling wrote:Good stuff man, perhaps we could get this embedded on the moddb page as there's been a few questions about how to install?

I was thinking about updating the video for 2020, but that would be cool if you put it there. I will let you know if I update it.
The Red Right Hand
Level 1

Postby The Red Right Hand » Sun 03 May, 2020 3:21 am

Epostle wrote:Can you make one for Linux users like me? I really wanna play the elite mod, but can't seem to get the install right for the linux version. When I download the file, it doesn't give me an install prompt like it does for windows. I get the raw data packs, extract them into the location provided, just like in the video, and it doesn't work.

Sorry for missing the comment, though I wouldn't be much help I have never owned a Linux and thus would not and still do not know how to mod games on a Linux.
mephobiac
Level 0

Postby mephobiac » Tue 05 May, 2020 3:43 am

The Red Right Hand wrote:
sterling wrote:Good stuff man, perhaps we could get this embedded on the moddb page as there's been a few questions about how to install?

I was thinking about updating the video for 2020, but that would be cool if you put it there. I will let you know if I update it.

Please do! I can't figure out how to get it working with the new 2.9.2 installer. It installs to my Retribution install path but it just won't work. There might be extra steps I'm missing somewhere, please remake it!
The Red Right Hand
Level 1

Postby The Red Right Hand » Thu 21 May, 2020 1:13 pm

mephobiac wrote:
The Red Right Hand wrote:

Please do! I can't figure out how to get it working with the new 2.9.2 installer. It installs to my Retribution install path but it just won't work. There might be extra steps I'm missing somewhere, please remake it!

If you can wait a few days I will. I travel this Friday so if I can't complete it before then, the guide will have to wait til monday.
Either way Ill do it

Return to “Technical Issues”