Game crashes after each match

Discussion on technical issues (installation, launching).
castleroad
Level 0

Game crashes after each match

Postby castleroad » Sat 09 Aug, 2014 10:35 pm

It's pretty self-explenatory...every game I play it ends up in a crash, prompting me to send the error to relic, and sometimes a different type of crash. The crash occurs mostly in the end screen, when the host continues or I do ( if I'm the host).
That other type of crash gives this message:

Faulting application name: DOW2.exe, version: 3.19.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ed866e4
Faulting module name: DOW2.exe, version: 3.19.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ed866e4
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00535122
Faulting process id: 0x614
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfb271fbf3eb02
Faulting application path: D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Dawn of War II - Retribution\DOW2.exe
Faulting module path: D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Dawn of War II - Retribution\DOW2.exe
Report Id: f4475a7d-1e6a-11e4-ab50-1c6f654be4c0
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Re: Game crashes after each match

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Sun 10 Aug, 2014 8:14 am

idk but the crash information isn't particularly useful. can we get some system specs?
castleroad
Level 0

Postby castleroad » Sun 10 Aug, 2014 10:06 am

My system specs are:
Motherboard - Gigabyte H55M-S2
Processor - i3 540 @ 3.07Ghz
Graphics card - Ati Radeon HD5570 2Gb, 128 bits (drivers are up to date)
RAM - 4 GB DDR3 dual channel installed (only 3.5 usable)
I managed to find the dump file DOW2 makes to send to Relic, but I can't upload it here.
These crashes are kind of new, 2 or 3 weeks old ( I mostly play in the weekend ). Two days ago I started to close down programms that were running in the background, thinking that they were the problem - it didn't help. Yesterday I even reinstalled DOW2 and Elite mod, but still no change.
I have turned off antialiasing, shadows, rain and reflection ingame just to get an improved FPS and the game is ok ( given my old specs ) it only starts to get sluggish in 3x3 games when my screen is full of units and effects, but it never crashed there and then, only after the game has ended, which is pretty weird to me. What do you think might be the problem ?
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Mon 11 Aug, 2014 4:58 am

your specs seem ok. given when it crashes i don't think it's a heat issue and it shouldn't be a RAM issue. did you update anything recently? have you verified the integrity of the game cache? also, does it crash before it loads into the score screen or after?
castleroad
Level 0

Postby castleroad » Mon 11 Aug, 2014 4:28 pm

I've updated the graphic cards driver, but the problem was before that...i actually hoped that updating the driver will fix the problem.First, i verified the integrity, no change, then i uninstalled dow2, reinstalled it, downloaded a fresh elite mod and installed it, still no change.The crash is happening almost every time after the score screen is displayed...sometimes ( a few times) it crashed while i was clicking the different tabs ( hero, economy so on ) but most of the time it crashed when the host would hit continue to pull all the players in the new game lobby.
I feel i should mention that I used razer game boost ( for the fps ) and even with that running it crashed, and it did so again once i closed it ( after system restart, closed razer proccess ). Its still crashing now and i've closed all other application in the background ( safe to say, the crashes were not caused by other apps...hopefully :)) )
Pulver
Level 0

Postby Pulver » Mon 11 Aug, 2014 5:59 pm

Same (more or less) problem here, crash a lot of times (not always) when going to the stadistics screen after the match or (I guess when the host click on "continue") the next one again to build up the match.

Also I have the name and the habilities of the new units with numbers / codes.

Plus some lag problems that the people (playing 3v3, haven't played a lot 2v2/1v1) say it's me, but my line is fine and usually when this lag happens I see on my chat delay/lag on other player/s, so the firsts times it happened I was so quiet but then I realise that the other players were talking about me :/

I already tried to reinstall both Dow2 and the mod, but seems it is going the same way...

regards.
Myrdal
Admin

Postby Myrdal » Tue 12 Aug, 2014 7:03 pm

Windows 32 bit?
Pulver
Level 0

Postby Pulver » Wed 13 Aug, 2014 3:05 pm

yes it is!

is it because of that then?
castleroad
Level 0

Postby castleroad » Wed 13 Aug, 2014 8:55 pm

Yeah win32
Myrdal
Admin

Postby Myrdal » Wed 13 Aug, 2014 11:33 pm

Would you mind posting your warnings.txt when it crashes next? It's in My Documents\My Games\Dawn of War II - Retribution\Logfiles. Also I recommend signing up for the beta just to submit this bug report. Chances are it will actually get looked at now that they're in full swing debugging the battle server stuff. It's pretty severe one and should be easy to detect and fix for them I think.

Open beta instructions here
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 3:45 am

theoretically possible you're running out of ram is you tend to only have a little bit free. not a very common issue though.

Return to “Technical Issues”