Eldar bugs

Discussion on technical issues (installation, launching).
Dobrozhir
Level 0

Eldar bugs

Postby Dobrozhir » Fri 27 Oct, 2023 9:02 am

1. Warlock's global ability "Distorting Field" is valid for an unlimited time.
It's easy to check with plasma grenades. Banshees do not survive a grenade explosion, but with an active field they survive. And after the end of the ability, 50% of the resistance does not disappear. The resist disappears only if the squad retreats (since most of the effects are removed when retreating).
A player who knows this bug can get a big advantage, it is enough to use the falcon for reinforce and healing from the warlock, so as not to run to the base.

2. According to my tests on the same plasma grenade, the resists in the game add up, but have a limit of about 83%. But for some reason, several 50% resist abilities are not brought up to 83%, but simply do not work together. 50% + 50% = 50%?
For example, we use a banshee cry with an exarch - we get 50% resist. If we add a "Distorting field", then we will not get any increase to the resistor.
The same goes with Warlock using "Cloaking Shroud" + "Distorting Field"

3. The aura of the resist from Seer Council cannot be combined with the aura of Autarch, although they are different in description.
Impregnable
Level 4

Re: Eldar bugs

Postby Impregnable » Mon 30 Oct, 2023 4:59 am

Thank you for the report and testing. :)

Would recommend also posting at the main Elite Discord. https://discord.com/invite/b2rcGjmkWm
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Tue 14 Nov, 2023 9:12 am

OP are you calculating for the DR buffs being multiplicative, not additive?

Most DR buffs are like this.

So, if you combine two 50% DR buff then incoming damage = (*0.5)*0.5.

1*0.5* = 0.5 * 0.5 = 0.25. Not 0. So you should expect to take 25% of normal damage if you use banshee fleet+distort field. This is normal and not a bug, but if this does not explain these problems then yes this needs investigating further.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Thu 16 Nov, 2023 10:40 am

Impregnable wrote:Thank you for the report and testing. :)

Would recommend also posting at the main Elite Discord. https://discord.com/invite/b2rcGjmkWm

i wonder if impreg being paid for Discord?
Dobrozhir
Level 0

Postby Dobrozhir » Thu 16 Nov, 2023 5:18 pm

Dobrozhir wrote:According to my tests on the same plasma grenade, the resists in the game add up, but have a limit of about 83%. But for some reason, several 50% resist abilities are not brought up to 83%, but simply do not work together. 50% + 50% = 50%?

Yes. I made a little mistake.
Some DR are considered multiplicative, some additive.
For example, the aura of the avatar + fleet banshee are calculated additively and the coefficient will be 0.2
If you add the aura of the council of 15% or the luck of the seer of 30%, then the coefficients will be multiplied separately.

In any case, the distortion field + the banshee fleet are not multiplied in any way. The coefficient is always 0.5
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Tue 21 Nov, 2023 3:00 pm

LOCALgHOST wrote:
Impregnable wrote:Thank you for the report and testing. :)

i wonder if impreg being paid for Discord?

lols no

Community moved on there so no use pretending it hasn't. Up to new guys who come to forums to go there or not but better tell them where all people have gone to. Also, feels bad to let new people's post rot like several weeks before someone notices eventually.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Dobrozhir
Level 0

Postby Dobrozhir » Tue 28 Nov, 2023 5:24 am

Impregnable wrote:Community moved on there so no use pretending it hasn't. Up to new guys who come to forums to go there or not but better tell them where all people have gone to. Also, feels bad to let new people's post rot like several weeks before someone notices eventually.

I think the forum is a more appropriate place to discuss the bugs of the game. the discord has too fast a flow of messages and a change of conversation topics. there is no need to hurry here.

4. And yet the additive calculation of the avatar's aura is considered a bug. Since it is summed up with the resistance on the retreat. That is, the troops begin to heal from grenades and shooting. :shock:
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Thu 30 Nov, 2023 8:54 am

Dobrozhir wrote:
Impregnable wrote:Community moved on there so no use pretending it hasn't. Up to new guys who come to forums to go there or not but better tell them where all people have gone to. Also, feels bad to let new people's post rot like several weeks before someone notices eventually.

I think the forum is a more appropriate place to discuss the bugs of the game. the discord has too fast a flow of messages and a change of conversation topics. there is no need to hurry here.

4. And yet the additive calculation of the avatar's aura is considered a bug. Since it is summed up with the resistance on the retreat. That is, the troops begin to heal from grenades and shooting. :shock:

More like it is better to post on both sides. Some bugs require real time talking and testing. Forum is too slow for some instances.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Sun 03 Dec, 2023 1:57 pm

the main thing about discord - it forgets

messages are just flow out and u can't search it appropriately
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Sun 03 Dec, 2023 8:49 pm

LOCALgHOST wrote:the main thing about discord - it forgets

messages are just flow out and u can't search it appropriately

There are pros and cons on both sides. Just making it clear on my stance on this. I never said people MUST use Discord. I always RECOMMEND reporting on both sides if someone wants faster response to anything. If that person don't mind getting one's post sitting in forums idling with nobody responding for weeks and also, doing that because that person don't like using Discord, it is all fine and good. However, it is a completely different matter when that person is doing that because he or she does not know the community moved on there. We don't want to give the impression that we are ignoring people posting on forums. My point is that people who come to forums need to be notified that 1/ Just posting here and not at Discord at the same time, may cause response to be slow, not varied and not in enough quantity and 2/ Those are not happening because community members are ignoring them but because the community moved to Discord and very few monitors forums nowadays. My messages about recommending posting on both sides mean just that. Nothing more nothing less. In short, I am not averse to usage of forums.

OP has already been notified of the existence of Discord and downsides of posting on forums only so there is no problem here.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Dobrozhir
Level 0

Postby Dobrozhir » Tue 19 Dec, 2023 12:06 pm

5. Guard Squad. Exarch Defense Aura - there is an inaccuracy in the codex. DR is not 25%, but only 20%.
Exarch Defense Aura is also calculated additively. The result is: Exarch Defense Aura 20% + avatar aura 30% + distortion field 50% = full invulnerability from small arms damage. I remind you that the distortion field is valid for an unlimited time (unless the squad retreats). It turns out that you can make several squads of guards invulnerable to ranged combat.
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Wed 21 Feb, 2024 8:45 am

Impregnable wrote:community not ignoring but moved

btw thats make a point.

Return to “Technical Issues”