Base DoW2 and Elite crashing on start up

Discussion on technical issues (installation, launching).
solarFury
Level 0

Base DoW2 and Elite crashing on start up

Postby solarFury » Tue 22 Mar, 2022 1:29 am

I recently installed dow2 and elite on my pc and whenever I try to start either the game crashes with the error message DOW2.exe caused an Access Violation in module Shark.dll

I did not see anything in the FAQs or on the forum, but is there a fix for this issue?
Impregnable
Level 4

Re: Base DoW2 and Elite crashing on start up

Postby Impregnable » Tue 22 Mar, 2022 4:41 pm

- You will get an answer faster by asking at the technical-discussion section of the main Elite Discord. https://discord.gg/jKVfpj3
- Also, found this in a quick search. Not sure it will help though. https://www.registry-programs.com/proce ... k.dll.html
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Wed 23 Mar, 2022 5:41 am

Never had that error. Some things to check:

- DISM. Type 'CMD' into search and open as an admin. Type in 'Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth'

- Verify system files. Go to command prompt under admin and type in 'sfc /scannow' and press enter

- Verify Steam files. Library - Right click DoW 2 - Properties - Local Files - View integrity of game files
solarFury
Level 0

Postby solarFury » Wed 23 Mar, 2022 2:57 pm

I followed all those steps to no success and then I started shutting down programs.

Eventually I got to shutting down voicemeter, and the crashes stopped, so there is some shared resource there that the game does not play nicely about. The crashes stopped and I was able to get a few AI games in.

Return to “Technical Issues”