Elite Mod Crashing on Launch

Discussion on technical issues (installation, launching).
Dallas
Level 0

Elite Mod Crashing on Launch

Postby Dallas » Sun 05 Nov, 2017 2:13 pm

I recently redownloaded the Elite Mod on my PC, but every time I try to launch the game it crashes. I've looked around in the forum and saw a lot about incorrect installation pathways, so I checked that out and found that the Elite Mod was installing under DoW2 - Retribution in my steam library (C:). I checked the warningtxt file for the game and found these:

GAME -- Failed to find mod 'Elite'.
FILESYSTEM -- filepath failure, missing alias 'data:config\onlineconfig\badwords.lua'

I think the issue is probably that I have an incorrect installation path, but I don't know how to fix it. A little help, please? :)
Myrdal
Admin

Re: Elite Mod Crashing on Launch

Postby Myrdal » Sun 05 Nov, 2017 2:41 pm

Does sound like a path issue. To make sure Elite is in the right directory, go to steam -> library -> games, right click "Dawn of War 2 - Retribution" -> properties. Go to "Local files" then click "browse local files". If you don't see Elite\ and Elite.module here then something went wrong during install. Try installing again and specify this path to the installer. If it's there then go ahead and post (or pm me) the full warnings.txt and we'll sort it out.

Return to “Technical Issues”