HALLS OF WAR MAP PACK

Modding discussion.
Tychodragon
Level 0

HALLS OF WAR MAP PACK

Postby Tychodragon » Tue 13 Oct, 2020 5:07 pm

Good day all, I just wanted to let you all know I created an extensive map pack for DOW2

https://www.moddb.com/mods/halls-of-war-map-pack

there are lots of maps and re skinned variants. My aim was to massively add to the limited maps out there. It felt like there was literally none besides the ones that have been around for ever and im sure we have all played a million times (besides the Elite ones). Lots won't take competitiveness in mind and some start pos may be a disadvantaged or advantaged so keep that in mind.

-Base defense (my personal favorite) Has no VP's and heavy defense
-City fight, outpost and battlefield maps are large and may be taxing on your system
-King of the hill maps are close quarters

One of my favorite aspects here is the load screens got massive lore based images that change the look and feel of the game drastically and taken inspiration from TWW2. You will no longer see the layout of the map (pointless) but see an image of the planet you are fighting on for added lore feel.

Feel free to edit and share as Ive included all my scenario files to open in the editor!
Last edited by Tychodragon on Tue 13 Oct, 2020 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Swift

Re: HALLS OF WAR MAP PACK

Postby Swift » Tue 13 Oct, 2020 7:16 pm

Very interesting content, thanks for posting. You might find there are a lot more maps in elite than you think though, but I'm always happy to see more content.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Tychodragon
Level 0

Postby Tychodragon » Wed 14 Oct, 2020 1:24 am

I usually play Vengeance of the blood ravens just for fun in single player but I just tested with your mod and wow, combined now there is a ludicrous amount of maps together. Elite mod should run better as well as I mostly played using the other mod which adds more units. I never thought about it but the larger maps could get very interesting with higher player counts! I noticed it can mess up the ai sometimes with more than 3 VP's so with players there is more difficulty to consider. Thanks!
Swift

Postby Swift » Wed 14 Oct, 2020 5:59 pm

Yeah its something I've briefly experimented with but could never get a good formula down for. But theres real potential for 8 player maps and maps with unique gimmicks to them, unfortunately no one willing to do the legwork (myself included)
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Tychodragon
Level 0

Postby Tychodragon » Fri 14 May, 2021 7:03 pm

Added some updates and new maps recently, Tried to make it easier for install. Made some Nurgle themed maps to complete my chaos themed realms.
Recently added 2 new King of the hill type maps and 1 base defense type map
Xarion17
Level 1

Postby Xarion17 » Sun 16 May, 2021 6:01 pm

this seems interesting

Return to “Modding”