Anyone know how to make skeletons for models?

Modding discussion.
Black Relic
Level 4

Anyone know how to make skeletons for models?

Postby Black Relic » Sat 25 Jul, 2020 7:11 pm

I have some really old necrons models that need skeletons added to them (when i was younger i didnt know you had to copy and paste the thing and not drag and drop since you get errors) and i would just like the warriors and the immortals to have a skeleton (can share the same animation) and for Lychguard (since i have that model too) and a Necron lord (not overlord).

If anyone is bored let me know and i can send you the models the moment i get everything in order.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
sterling
Contributor

Re: Anyone know how to make skeletons for models?

Postby sterling » Fri 31 Jul, 2020 11:39 am

From what I remember (a very long time ago) you import a skeleton from the game into max that you want them to use and then have to attach the mesh to the existing skeleton. It is very fiddly, I managed to do it with a cape once but never really tried it for a whole model. I remember a video from Bloodravage (I think) which had Necron warriors walking around - I assume he had mapped the warrior mesh to an existing skeleton from the game. But if he made his own there is potentially a Necron skeleton with some animations that you would need as well.
New models for Elite and Retribution...
http://www.dawnofwar.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=397

Return to “Modding”