Some help for upgrades that effect tactical flexibility.

Modding discussion.
Black Relic
Level 4

Some help for upgrades that effect tactical flexibility.

Postby Black Relic » Sat 04 May, 2019 6:50 am

So as some know I have a mod of my own True40K mod.

The point of this is for some help in same races that allow a player to adopt a type of tactic of help them play on a certain way (similarly to CoH2 in that you choose a doctrine of sorts that sticks with you throughout the rest of the game after you choose one). These doctrine will unlock either units, abilities for your army to further diversity what you can build or do past what hero you choose.

To give an example of a few

A Tactic i have for Space Marines is called "Codex Discipline" (name of the Ultramarine chapter tactic in 8th ED) That allows all Space Marines units that have a serg equip are granted an ability to break retreat. That's means only Assault Marines, Tactical, Scouts, Sternguard and Vanguards can stop retreat. There is going to be a cooldown of course.

For Chaos the is "The Dark Crusade" Makes the Chaos Nuke Better by adding fireballs that rain down from the sky doing damage and knock back to units hit by them. Also allows the ability to purchase another Land Raider Phobos (so a player can have either two Land Raiders or a GoU and a Land Raider) and Grants CSM to choose the Mark of the Undivided (allowing the squad to swap between chainsaws and bolters at will plus giving them a grenade that does light damage and scars the ground in flame.)

For Tyranids its "Relentless Swarm" allows Hormaguarnts and Termaguants access to a second and cheaper Endless Swarm ability so they can reinforce 3 at time and increases their squad size. The "Without Number" spawns the Hormaguarnts, Termaguants and Warriors with 2 small squads of rippers (these ones expire after a certain period of time) each time and automatically has a Endless Swarm Upgrade on the guants. (my version has the squads spawn quickly one after the other so the call in is not "nuked down" and then when the warriors spawn the reinforcement action takes place)

I do want to have some doctrines that are based of of chapter tacitcs, warbands, Kulchers (ork for Culture), Hive Fleets, Craftworld and Regiments (i think that's what it is for IG)

Any ideas are welcome. Each race btw has a tactics that simply allows for more elite units too that are not super units.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
Sex - Murder - Art
Level 2

Re: Some help for upgrades that effect tactical flexibility.

Postby Sex - Murder - Art » Sat 04 May, 2019 8:49 am

Black Relic wrote: Makes the Chaos Nuke Better by adding fireballs that rain down from the sky doing damage and knock back to units hit by them.

Dude, the mod your doing it self is OP. Nerf everything for 2 mouths, and maybe it can get back to normal.

Focusing too much on lore, codex, tabletop, etc sure drove you mad in time. That's what happened to Bruva Alfabusa when he started to ruin the TTS series.
There are many ways to say the right thing, and I choose the worst way to say it.
Black Relic
Level 4

Re: Some help for upgrades that effect tactical flexibility.

Postby Black Relic » Sat 04 May, 2019 6:35 pm

Well I do agree that i was mad initially. The only thing I need to work on is the Economy. Everything seems OP because most people are only playing vs computers. Everything is OP vs the comps even in Elite. There are a few things that are do over perform and some upgrades that are not properly priced or numbers need to be tweaked. Some things seem too much do to increased model sizes.

If you have played a older verison though from 2 years ago. Then yea EVERYTHING was OP. I removed alot from back then.

Right now the only squads and upgrade i want to look at vs players is the Rubric Marines, and the Mark of Tzeentch Csm. The Possessed Marines, all versions of Terminators (loyal and traitor) are pretty much the only things that need looking at vs players in the version i have right now.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54

Return to “Modding”