Increasing Resources

Modding discussion.
Edoo7
Level 0

Increasing Resources

Postby Edoo7 » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 3:01 pm

Okay guys,

So I've got something amazing going for my LAN party this weekend. Elite + High Resources + 999 population cap.
You haven't lived until you've charged 500 slugga boyz + 300 Nobz, led by a waaagh boss (suppression resist) uphill against your pal's army of tanks and guardsmen. (In pro-play it'd be different, but in noob play it's absolutely hilarious.)

Only one problem: By the end, I had run out of resources.. on high resource mode. (I won, though he killed 500 orkz.)
So, the way I see it, there are two solutions:

A: Increase the amount of resources gained by High Resources.
B: Increase the income of owning a point (RQ & Energy Nodes) by one hundred fold.

I've got a hunger for a really big WAAAGH, and I'm hoping you guys can help.

Cheers! :)

Edoo7
Rostam
Level 4

Re: Increasing Resources

Postby Rostam » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 4:36 pm

when you put it on high res, dont buy any generators just cap and hold requisition points; you never run out of power even with no farms only req (you can just node the power point)

Also nice profile picture ;)
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 5:02 pm

remove upkeep of the units and increase how much resources the HQ produces. That way you don't have to cap the map. Because it is overrated ;)
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 7:34 pm

Black Relic wrote:remove upkeep of the units and increase how much resources the HQ produces. That way you don't have to cap the map. Because it is overrated ;)

But that sounds like it would take longer than just maxing the income rate to truly ludricrous levels. Just make req come in faster than you can spend it :P
Edoo7
Level 0

Postby Edoo7 » Wed 01 Aug, 2018 5:30 am

Atlas wrote:truly ludricrous levels
faster than you can spend it

I like the sound of that!

But how do I do it magical forum genies?
How do I obtain the monies for my WAAAGH?

Plz. Am poor.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Wed 01 Aug, 2018 6:40 am

All HQ produce req. you go to the resource tab and just but a stupid high number like billion or something.

Every HQ is found in ebps/pvp/race_"---"/buildings.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 01 Aug, 2018 7:26 am

Actually I think the laziest way to do this is just to steal the labbing build and use it for your LAN party.

Here's the thread! -> viewtopic.php?f=6&t=263 <-

I'll add part of the description here to make sure this is what you are looking for:

*le snip from Lulgrim*
"In other words, this is an add-on modification for Elite (any version) meant for labbing shit. HQs will produce huge amounts of Requisition, Power and Global Resource automatically (if you spend more than 1 million each you might run out) and Tier 2 & Tier 3 upgrades will finish in 1 second.

This mod will only overwrite the HQ and T2/T3 upgrade of each race; it is very unlikely we will be touching any of those in a patch, so this will probably work with any version of Elite for the foreseeable future."

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
Edoo7
Level 0

Postby Edoo7 » Wed 01 Aug, 2018 3:40 pm

Atlas wrote:Actually I think the laziest way to do this is just to steal the labbing build and use it for your LAN party.

Here's the thread! -> viewtopic.php?f=6&t=263 <-

I'll add part of the description here to make sure this is what you are looking for:

*le snip from Lulgrim*
"In other words, this is an add-on modification for Elite (any version) meant for labbing shit. HQs will produce huge amounts of Requisition, Power and Global Resource automatically (if you spend more than 1 million each you might run out) and Tier 2 & Tier 3 upgrades will finish in 1 second.

This mod will only overwrite the HQ and T2/T3 upgrade of each race; it is very unlikely we will be touching any of those in a patch, so this will probably work with any version of Elite for the foreseeable future."

Okay, so I was able to narrow things down, wit the help of me mekboys.
The only ting between me an my waaaagh is these here two modules.
(Labeled them for clarity, they both share the original name of ELITE.module) One of em increases my population, the other has lots of flash.

Money Module:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vvv34K ... sp=sharing

Population Module:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KjPulm ... sp=sharing

Can one of you merge them for me?
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 01 Aug, 2018 6:31 pm

It's not the .module I really need but the .sga file. I'll attach a link to another thread about how to implant the pop cap mod into the money mod:

https://www.dawnofwar.info/forum/viewto ... =12&t=1328

But basically, go into Cope's Toolbox with the money module (or EliteMoney.sga) and alter the pop caps in each faction's racebps and change the pop cap to 999. Once that is done, you can use GUI Archive to package the file back up into an sga file that should work for you. If you need help with that final step, let us know.

But the first part should be easy enough if you're already messing with files.
Edoo7
Level 0

Postby Edoo7 » Wed 01 Aug, 2018 8:39 pm

Is this what you said you'd need?
(I'd've done it myself, but I just can't figure this cope thing out. No text is displaying on the other screen)

Money SGA
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oIT0BM ... 66Z7Z/view

Popcap SGA
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jEV4c9 ... sp=sharing
Edoo7
Level 0

Postby Edoo7 » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 10:26 pm

So, I've spent a while trying to get this going, but I can't seem to figure out how to merge the two of these gitz.
Doesn't help that Elite seems to be encrypted or something so that copes can't open up the files.

Please forum genies, I need the moneys and the popcap for the WAAAGH!
Myrdal
Admin

Postby Myrdal » Sat 04 Aug, 2018 12:52 pm

Add them both to your module file.

Code: Select all

[attrib:common]
folder.01 = GameAssets\Data
archive.01 = Elite\Archives\Elite_popcap.sga
archive.02 = Elite\Archives\Elite_lab.sga
archive.03 = Elite\Archives\Elite_attrib.sga
archive.04 = Elite\Archives\GameAttrib_orig.sga

Unless the sgas modify the same files you're good to go. If files do conflict, those in Elite_popcap.sga will take precedence. If that's a problem only then would it be necessary to alter or create another sga.
Edoo7
Level 0

Postby Edoo7 » Sat 04 Aug, 2018 2:40 pm

One last thing before I celebrate...
The Imperial Guard HQ is invisible, but still interact-able.
(The other races are just fine.)

Any idea how to fix it?

Return to “Modding”