Position of Weapon Firing FX

Modding discussion.
MoraleBroken
Level 1

Position of Weapon Firing FX

Postby MoraleBroken » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 6:10 am

Hi all,

I figure this is probably the most active community for retribution that also has a modding section, I'm looking for a way to change the position of where the weapon firing FX appears on a model, in this case I'm using a custom tau model - I'm not quite sure how to set the position from where the tracers originate though, I can't find any documentation on it.

Would appreciate any help, been grinding at this for a few days now.

Cheers,

MB.
Atlas

Re: Position of Weapon Firing FX

Postby Atlas » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 7:14 am

This sounds like something right in Wise Windu's department. He hasn't been around lately, but either you can message him or I can send him a message for you?
MoraleBroken
Level 1

Postby MoraleBroken » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 7:56 am

Atlas wrote:This sounds like something right in Wise Windu's department. He hasn't been around lately, but either you can message him or I can send him a message for you?

If you could nudge him for me, that'd be great :)
Myrdal
Admin

Postby Myrdal » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 7:12 am

They're set in the model files, either base model or in weapon attachments. Load up Santos model editor and look for markers, they usually have names like mk_weapon_fx/fire_fx iirc. Download link for the model editor should be somewhere on the forum, just do a search.
MoraleBroken
Level 1

Postby MoraleBroken » Fri 26 Jan, 2018 1:49 am

Myrdal wrote:They're set in the model files, either base model or in weapon attachments. Load up Santos model editor and look for markers, they usually have names like mk_weapon_fx/fire_fx iirc. Download link for the model editor should be somewhere on the forum, just do a search.

That's the ticket, thanks bud :)

Though just wondering, because I've now properly aligned the marker_muzzle to the weapon but the weapon firing FX that I have set in the weapon file for the weapon does not appear to be displaying there? tracers are still coming from the legs/center of the model - not from the weapon and there's no muzzle flash FX.

Any ideas?
MoraleBroken
Level 1

Postby MoraleBroken » Sat 27 Jan, 2018 3:48 am

Just to update this, since I've figured it out, I messed up while making the model itself - the issue was that the flag wasn't linked with the model file, so if anyone else runs into this problem whilst using new models in 3DSMax, ensure that you are connecting the model itself to the bone from which the grip is linked to - alongside the markers - that way it'll load properly.

:P

Cheers for the responses anyway boys ;)

Return to “Modding”