Price tag question.

Modding discussion.
Black Relic
Level 4

Price tag question.

Postby Black Relic » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 6:54 pm

I have a running curiosity with some abilities my stratagems have that i need a price tag for. If you could tell me how much you would pay for the ability would be great.

So before i go further the "abilities" for the stratagems are connected to the listening post that you build on them. However the listening posts slowly takes damage and can't be repaired making it a time based "ability". Now When the listening post is purchased it also deploys 4 generators the "power" the ability. These generators also slowly take damage. When a generator is destroyed it drastically lowers the HP points of the listening post on the Stratagem. Allowing a aware player to limit how long an "ability" is active. Now on the activated "abilities".

Imperial Shrine: The Imperial Shrine's listening post turns it into a victory point for a certain amount of time. Right now the Listening post stay up for 2 minutes with no outside intervention. Right now I have the Price for this at 350 red. Should i increase the price of lower maximum possible duration of the ability?

Automated Foundry: This ability increases your requisition income. It increase a requisition income rate by a multiple of 2. That doesn't mean a fully matured req point give 60 req per minute. Since it is all based of of the base income from a req point. An example being the base income without being matured at all is 10 for a 1v1 req point. So in a 1v1 scenario a req point goes from 10 to 20 on a requisition point that has just be captured, and a fully matured req point goes to 40 from 30. The price I put on this is 125 power. Same duration if left unaffected of 2 minutes.

Communications Array: This ability is quite simple but imo effective. It increases the sight radius of ALL points that the player owns. So req, power, turrets captured, and Victory points all have their sight radius increased by 30. Again lasted for 2 minutes if unaffected and costs 350 req.

Thanks the help.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
Atlas

Re: Price tag question.

Postby Atlas » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 8:17 pm

I can't remember the exact economy of your mod, but more VPs and 2x req I would give my first son for.

More sight radius on points is mehhh on paper. I wouldn't pay that much except in very specific situations.
Black Relic
Level 4

Re: Price tag question.

Postby Black Relic » Wed 15 Nov, 2017 1:43 am

I'll admit the economy changes until i feel like i get it right tbh. ATM i think i just about have it where i want it.

So requisition points (even in the regular VP matchs) mature 1 more time than normal. Meaning Instead of 30 being fully matured 35 is. In the AVP mode in 1v1 Req points give 8 req instead of 10. However that's because of the multiple factors that affect the resource produced by them, that population and upkeep have also been changed a bit in my mod but that is a conversation for later.

One of the factors is "supply lines". When you have a req point by itself with no allied req points near by it they resource it produces is unaffected. But when an allied req is nearby the resource it produces is increased. So you have a req point the is surrounded by 5 allied req points then it will produce not 8 when first captured but 24. And then your req point starts to mature going up to 48. However if there is one enemy req point then all req point in the area produce a little bit less and stacks twice. So if your enemy is able to capture two req points that is inbetween 3 of your req points your income is drastically reduced.

You also have the Jamming Array that produces req for you that is un affected but they supply lines (also comes with an ability to lower the req income of a targeted requisition point). And you have the Upgrade Position that slowly generates a small amount of resources for you that is completely unaffected by upkeep. And you have the Military Support building at the Forward base that produces req to help offset the population increase it provides the player.

There is a bit of the eco. Still needs some work but im trying to get a good stable one going without too much income but also not too little since there are ALOT of things the play can buy with between buildings, upgrades from the armory as well as the upgrade position and not "abilities" from the Stratagems.

Now initially i wanted the Imperial Shrine to automatically become a VP point if they had 3 vps up on you so as long as you have the Stratagem you could never be a victim of a triple cap (because the game can only tick down 3 times even if you have 4 vps to zero) but that wasn't working so this is the next best thing. But the opposing play could still play around this by limiting the duration of the VP by destroying the gens and or the listening post.

I wanted the automated foundry to produce resources itself but then it became too valuable and easy to defend for its long cap time since it also provided an artillery strike (the ability being at the upgrade position so now it didn't matter who took the point everyone had the ability if they were on the same team). So instead i opted out for this because it give a amount of counter play to the ability and can be decently effective if just used or just plain incredible.

The Communications Array seems kinda meh until you realize that now you can see a lot of the map that you control by removing the fog of war. So you can see a flank or a direction the enemy is headed or have a headstart in defending a point since you can already see them coming way before they start capping the point. It's a way to find the enemy if they are trying to avoid you. Of course the points have no keensight but it would be OP if they got it with the ability when it was activated.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54

Return to “Modding”