Libertas Mod Launcher for DOW2:R

Modding discussion.
vitmerc
Level 0

Libertas Mod Launcher for DOW2:R

Postby vitmerc » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 8:42 pm

Good day,

I've recently released a new version of my mod, Forgotten Emerald

Along with that version, i have released a brand new easy to use (and free to use and distribute) launcher, called Libertas Launcher

Virustotal virus scan for Libertas.exe (25.04.2017 version)
The abovementioned launcher has a few noteworthy features that make it what DOW2 has been missing for some time:
  • Supports Auto-Update - update frequently and keep all your players up to date - powered by SVN (SubVersioN), which can be hosted anywhere (i can recommend sourceforge, its free and all). No re-download, unpacking etc required - just launch, press "Update", press "play"
  • Plug-And-Play launcher - the minimal package you need to provide with your mod is just an .lbmod file, measuring in bytes (plaintext config for the launcher).
  • Easy to install mods - Players need only to drop an .lbmod file into libertas/mods/ and restart the launcher to install the mod.
  • You can add your own mods - There is no central verification service or a modlist. You are free to configure the launcher to use any mods with your repositories - the choise is yours.
  • Fancy - Custom mod backgrounds supported, custom "Community" URL's supported, you can even keep an automatic changelog using this launcher!

I will explain in short how to set up your own .lbmod file - to make sure your players are ready to move to the new launcher.

An *.lbmod file is plaintext, and therefore should be opened with a notepad, or the like.
The insides look something like this ( i use my mod "Forgotten Emerald" for an example)

I will break down these parameters one by one:

• ModuleName - REQUIRED - The game will be launched with "-modname N" parameter, where N is what is after the equals "=" sign (i.e."forgottenemerald")
  • Author - Purely informational, currently not used in the launcher.
  • Description - Purely informational, currently not being used, will later be displayed on one of the tabs in the launcer.
  • CommunityURL - if a valid URL is supplied, opens an additional tab with a webpage. This can be anything, but i use it for my steam group.
  • SVN_URL - REQUIRED - the link used to update the mod. Must contain a valid SVN repository.
    Expected folder structure of the repository is like this:
    Background.png is an optional file (does not get installed in the game directory). It is displayed as the mod's splash screen in the launcher.
  • SVN_Login (and SVN_Password) - optional settings. If your repository is password protected, you can use these to obtain access. I do not recommend using them (they have not been tested, and their usage is an experimental feature). Password security with them is also not even there, so i do not see a reason to use them currently. However this is up to you.
  • PlayURL - This URL is being launched in the system's default browser just before the launcher runs the game.
    (CLIENTS CAN OPT OUT OF THIS BY SETTING "LaunchURL" IN PARAMETERS TO "FALSE")
Warptrooper
Level 0

Re: Libertas Mod Launcher for DOW2:R

Postby Warptrooper » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 9:22 pm

Works great so far !

Return to “Modding”