Opinions on new quick access.

Modding discussion.
Black Relic
Level 4

Opinions on new quick access.

Postby Black Relic » Sun 25 Sep, 2016 10:01 am

I will be mentioning my mod but its to figure out what player would actually have so yeaaa.

Ok so those that have played my mod know that i added a bit of base building and a thing called the "upgrade position" that allows access to further diversify your options.

ATM any global that is purchased at the upgrade position is available is usable at the build known as the armory. And right now that is extremely clunky imo and not easy for a player to access without looking for their armory, selecting it, and then using the desired ability.

What i was planing on changing was putting the abilities on the "upgrade position" and allowing the player to bind the "upgrade position" as if it were a squad for easier access.

This change was spurred since I think I can finally finish the supply depot buildings design. And I need 3 slots from the "upgrade position" to get it to work since again I need easier access for the player so they can actively uses the benefits the supply depot can give. So it really hasn't changed all that much but this is what the supply depot will do now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Supply Depot: Will periodically (every 90 seconds) drop crate that a player can destroy. This crate will drop resources that the player can pick up. The drops are:

Requisition Drop: Adds 25 requisition.
Power Drop: Adds 10 power.
Weapon Drop: Increases all infantries melee damage by 2.5% and range damage by 1.5% (numbers definitely subject to change)
Armor Drop: Decreases range damage taken by infantry by 2.5% (numbers definitely subject to change)
Red Drop: Increases red resource by 15.
Intel Drop: Increases sight of all infantry by 3.

Now who ever destroys a crate can reap the benefits of that drop. Meaning if an enemy player destroys your crate and picks up the drop they benefit. Now if a player destroys a crate but the enemy picks up the resource first then it is considered "denied" neither player gets the drop.

The Weapon, Armor and Intel Drops will give a consumable toward the "upgrade position." A weapon drop will look like a bolter. The armor drop will look like a shield. The Intel drop will be a Data Slate. The Red Drop will be geneseed container, and the requisition and power drops speak for themselves.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the con of this change. I will have to remove a global from each race that is automatically given from the armory. And those globals from each race will be:

Space Marines: Off-Map Whirlwind Incendiary Barrage - Calls in multiple shells to wreath an area in fire.
Eldar: Swift Movement - A version that isn't as good as the Warlock's and that with the other heros might be a little too much and Warlock spamming Swift Movement could be disastrous.
Chaos Space Marines: Subjugate - Literally a global to control an enemy unit for 5 seconds. Too good but I was out of idea at the time and now i have a good reason to remove it.
Imperial Guard: It is between "spawn conscripts" and "Off Map Artillery" and i am leaning toward Off Map Artillery
Orks: Small Roks - just as it sounds
Tyranids: This one is hard tbh. The globals are "spawn rippers", "warrior vanguard" (HT's is better btw) or " spawn brood nest." I and thinking of leaning toward removing the brood nest since it is a good reason why the HT is picked in the first place.

The Tyranid and the Imperial Guard globals are up for debate but not the other races.

Now unless people think this is a shit idea then i won't change it but i want player to actually use the additional options (and most players would forget about the option since it isn't something that they can easily use) and i figure this would be a good start.

Apposed or like the proposed change?
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54

Return to “Modding”