New Eldar paint?

Modding discussion.
An'grathul
Level 1

New Eldar paint?

Postby An'grathul » Fri 26 Aug, 2016 12:45 pm

Hey there magnificent modders,

First off I'd like to extend some thanks to implementing the already magnificent array of Elite skins to give some model diversity to the Eldar, they're been a blast to use and a joy to recolour for more personalised armies. Although I really appreciate this effort, I was wondering if it would be possible to implement yet another Elite skin for Eldar, more in the vein of vanilla Eldar upgraded, much like Army Level 60+

This idea pertains mainly to the farseer hero, who in her vanilla state seems the least 'progressed' of all the Eldar heroes. Both the Ulthwé and Exodite skins have managed a magnificent farseer, but are tied tightly to their respective themes. Would it be difficult to implement a farseer model who wore her ghosthelm (much like when you get the upgrade for vanilla farseer) and also wore some 'wings' like the exodite one on top of her normal getup? I think this would approximate the previous DoW farseer very closely and be magnificent in its own right.

The other idea already proposed here is that of the varied Seer Council, which I'd kill for to see realised. A mix of advanced warlock models and vanilla guardian squad leader warlock models would already be a huge improvement. Finally for an 'upgraded' vanilla Eldar scheme, I'd like to point towards decals. On the current Eldar models decals are nigh on invisible. The warlock has a tiny space for one on the bottom of his robe and the wraith constructs have one on their loincloths. Hover tanks are the only unit where the decals is even visible. Woulden't it be possible, when creating the updated 'base Eldar' to make decals a bit more present on some more units?

I might be asking for a lot here, most of this is coming from extreme wishfulness and curiosity. I'd love to hear how difficult some of these things would be to implement, or if there's any chance of these being considered at all.

Thanks for the hard word and creativity already put into the models!
Embrace game balance or not, it embraces you.

Return to “Modding”