Dow2 Campaign

Modding discussion.
Black Relic
Level 4

Dow2 Campaign

Postby Black Relic » Sun 06 Dec, 2015 8:02 pm

So i am changing the Dow2 and Chaos Rising's campaign a bit since i am taking a break from my own mod.

The main reason why i am making this is because i tried to play it a realized how fucked it was.

Anyway, this is mainly to ask what people would like to be changed in regards to units in the campaign including the heros.

To name a few changes i have done.

Morale does not change as units level. It stays at 450 for every squad. I dislike how later on in the Campaign suppression is neglectable due to the high morale for a squad. I think making such a large aspect of Dow2 disappear due to level is stupid.

Energy regen is increased by 0.05 for every 2 levels and that goes for morale regen too.

The Thunder Hammer actually does damage on it special attack.

Heavy Bolters don't take an age to suppress. (still need to do some work on them though)

Battle Cry actually stops all form of Knockback now and similar to how the ability work in pvp, buffs per special attack.

Stikkbombs have a shorter fuse but a smaller area of effect.

Melee units do not knockback on charge except for heros. (but that might be changed to tie into an ability)

Health regen. of the heros is reduced. And Health regenerates during battle now. For example: Starting Health regen for the FC was 4.5 per second. It has been reduced to 1.5 per second.

Per level units will get a set increase in the stats rather than a percentage. their melee and ranged damage goes up by 0.025% per level and melee skill goes up by 1 per level as well (might be reduced to 1 for every two levels). health regen goes up by 0.05 per level.

FC, Johna, And Thule health goes up by 4 every level. Tarkus, Avitus, Cyris and Thaddius Health goes up by 3 per level. Thaddius, Tarkus and Avitus squad mates health goes up by 3 per level. Cyris squad mates goes up by 2 per level. This is subject to change.

I change how the difficulty is changed. This is also subject to change.

Damage Modifier by Difficulty:
Easy- 0.65
Medium-1
Hard-1.5 (was 2.5)
Legendary- 2 (was 4.5)

Health Modifier by Difficulty (affects player)
Easy- 1.1
Medium-1
Hard-1
Legendary-1 (might lower it to 0.9)

Health Modifier by Difficulty (affects enemies)
Easy- 0.66
Medium-1
Hard-1.25
Legendary-1.5

Any way that's it for now. If you recall anything that annoyed you in the campaign let me know. I want to try and make this campaign a good learning experience for new players too.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54

Return to “Modding”