Issue opening .rbf files with Cope

Modding discussion.
HiveSpirit
Level 2

Issue opening .rbf files with Cope

Postby HiveSpirit » Mon 31 Aug, 2015 10:28 am

Any ideas? Yeasterday it worked, today not, havnt done any changes what i know of.
Is Cope the only program that can open the .rbf files?
Interested in Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade (FAQ)? Register with this link to get 4,000 RTP's for free.
Support EC with a Sub/ Vote/ Up/ Hype at: Reddit , mmorpg twitter.com/40kcrusade youtube.com/channel/UCxH-BQF2CRQV6lXTf41xEeg
Wise Windu

Re: Issue opening .rbf files with Cope

Postby Wise Windu » Mon 31 Aug, 2015 1:00 pm

Did you load up a mod or .sga first? If you try to open a .rbf by itself, that error will show up.
HiveSpirit
Level 2

Postby HiveSpirit » Mon 31 Aug, 2015 5:49 pm

I copied the original .sga files, just to be sure i dont mess something up, from:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dawn of War II - Retribution\Elite

With Cope:
Open SGA
Attrib>simulation>attrib>ebps>pvp>race_tyranid>troops->tyr_warrior-rbf
I dubble tap tyr_warrior-rbf and this shows up:

Idk what im doing wrong but ive gotten it to work 3 out of 10 times.
Nothing happens when i tap just once.

Just now it worked again with a gentle tap-pause-tap (tap/click/ mouse button 1 click..).
Ive re extracted Copes each time ive done it, i dont seem to get it to work twice per extraction.
Fast dubble tapping works now when copes does work for me.
Closed program.

I try it again, same process, same gentleness, does not work, i recieve the picture error again.

Re extract, it works. Having the zip up does not seem to have an effect.
---------------------------------------------
Conclusion: Cope seem to work once per extraction.
Interested in Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade (FAQ)? Register with this link to get 4,000 RTP's for free.
Support EC with a Sub/ Vote/ Up/ Hype at: Reddit , mmorpg twitter.com/40kcrusade youtube.com/channel/UCxH-BQF2CRQV6lXTf41xEeg
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Mon 31 Aug, 2015 7:55 pm

Could be that you have a conflicting version of .NET installed.

Oh also,
HiveSpirit wrote:I copied the original .sga files, just to be sure i dont mess something up, from:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dawn of War II - Retribution\Elite
You won't mess anything up. When you edit something, it creates a new folder in the same directory as the .sga files. If you want to revert the changes, you just delete the files within the folder. The .sga remains unchanged.
Last edited by Wise Windu on Mon 31 Aug, 2015 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HiveSpirit
Level 2

Postby HiveSpirit » Tue 01 Sep, 2015 11:51 am

SO.. The .net versions are a mess, different versions show up in regedit and windows features.
.NET Framework Cleanup Tool, doesnt remove them/ theyre all there after removal and restart, im stuck.
Ive tried to turn on/ off firewall, ive added copes to permission.
I dont have norton anti virus or any other anti virus,
Ive tried all combinations with .net versions off and on.
Ive tried compatibility mode and run as administrator.
Still not working, Im stuck, ill continue to try reinstalling .net.

Wise Windu wrote:Could be that you have a conflicting version of .NET installed.

I dont really understand this, conflict?
Google havnt been to much use telling me mostly "leave .net alone, program will use what it needs and wont conflict between the different .net versions.

I got .net 4.6 installed atm, doesnt show up in regedit or windows features though.

Unable to directly delete previous versions in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework and 64.

Omg.. It works.. For the moment..
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Tue 01 Sep, 2015 1:27 pm

HiveSpirit wrote:I dont really understand this, conflict?
Yeah, I think if you have .NET4.5 or later installed, it conflicts with the program. 4.5 did for me at least. If you installed this version of Cope's: http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread. ... 07-30-2014

you should have .NET4 installed for it to work properly.
HiveSpirit
Level 2

Postby HiveSpirit » Tue 01 Sep, 2015 2:28 pm

Wise Windu wrote:
HiveSpirit wrote:I dont really understand this, conflict?
Yeah, I think if you have .NET4.5 or later installed, it conflicts with the program. 4.5 did for me at least. If you installed this version of Cope's: http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread. ... 07-30-2014

you should have .NET4 installed for it to work properly.

Im using that version.
I couldnt installd .NET4 due higher one already beeing installed, and i havnt figured out yeat how to remove other .NET versions.
In page 22, post #1056, Copernicus said:
"I have updated the tool to .NET 4.5, see OP. I might have broken something in the process. See for yourselves, I guess."

so 4.5 should be fine?
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Tue 01 Sep, 2015 2:30 pm

Oh right. Should work with 4.5 then. I haven't had an issue with it for months :P
HiveSpirit
Level 2

Postby HiveSpirit » Tue 01 Sep, 2015 4:49 pm

Im so jealous.. I tried opening it on another computer (laptop aswell):
OS W7, in regedit where .net 2something, at windows features i turned of 3.5.1~.
Then installed .NET4, no success.. same error issues like ive had before.

Leaving it on ice atm, next try will involve reinstallation of W8 (not 8.1) on this laptop.
Aparently 8.1 automatically comes with .net 4.5.1, and w8 with 4.5 (in the OS, non removable).

Programs that uses lower versions of .net could possibly interfer, ex: razer game scanner, puush.
In "turn windows features on or off", ASP.NET 4.5 seems to be connected to 3.5/3/2 ("if its not on the versions cant mingle").
Seems like ive poked around to much with the .net versions and now im unable to open Cope's at all.
HiveSpirit
Level 2

Postby HiveSpirit » Tue 01 Sep, 2015 7:56 pm

Wise Windu wrote:Oh right. Should work with 4.5 then. I haven't had an issue with it for months :P

If i may ask, could you show me what .net versions you have?
How to: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... 7396#net_a
".NETFramework" is in top.
"NET Framework Setup" The one your looking for is in the middle of the microsoft map/ list.
What OS are you running?
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Wed 02 Sep, 2015 1:38 am

Windows 7 on my desktop, Windows 8 on my laptop. Cope's works on both, and they both have the same versions installed. Nothing above v4.0:

HiveSpirit
Level 2

Postby HiveSpirit » Wed 02 Sep, 2015 2:01 pm

Thanks! Last confirmation, in 4.0 full 1033, what does it say?
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Wed 02 Sep, 2015 2:15 pm

So I guess 4.5 then, whoops. Haven't checked for this stuff in a while.
HiveSpirit
Level 2

Postby HiveSpirit » Wed 02 Sep, 2015 9:49 pm

................ Inquisitional conspiracy!
Myrdal
Admin

Postby Myrdal » Fri 04 Sep, 2015 1:18 pm

If you just want to view loose rbfs you can use this tool http://dawnofwar.info/tools/jsrbf.php
HiveSpirit
Level 2

Postby HiveSpirit » Fri 04 Sep, 2015 2:25 pm

Thanks! Now i cant take part of it infinitley.
HiveSpirit
Level 2

Postby HiveSpirit » Wed 09 Sep, 2015 1:16 pm

Issue solved, somehow. After i reinstalled the laptop it worked just fine. It could have been the OS w8.1 activation issue blocking/ messing with .net framework from the start. Later on it was probably due to messing up/ fiddling with .net, recommendation: dont do that! ^^ The OS thingy, yea i had a "cracked"/ KMSpico version, maybe .net was affected by this non genuine-ity/ "activate key" blue window that kept popping up.

---------------------

PS:
Issue back.
I can open the SGA but not the RBF's, in Copes.
Non genuine OS/ non updated, w8.1 pro, Net 3,5 and 4/4.5 installed/ on.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 11:24 pm

As a quick update to this thread, make sure you are running the correct version of Cope's Toolbox! Some of the older versions doesn't work with certain version of .NET Framework and that causes issues.

Return to “Modding”