Unit portraits request thread ^^

Modding discussion.
Kilgarn
Contributor

Unit portraits request thread ^^

Postby Kilgarn » Sun 11 Aug, 2013 8:58 pm

Hi people :)

Well... as the title says x)
I'm in charge with the new unit portraits with Hans (tho he is quite MIA right now XD) ^^ You could see my handywork with the new Raptor, Painboy and Vanguard veteran :)
Right now, doing the assault terminator + terminator commander portraits since they are totally identical xD After that... well thats up to you guys :)

I'd like to ask you guys to put in all the unit portraits that you'd like to get a makeover :) Then I'll know what the heck is need to be done xD
You can also list any sub-faction that you'd like me to make, like Alpha Legion, DLC units, ect. :) Dont know how fast I'll be able to do these, but it will be up and running as soon as I have time and such ^^ (work and additional commissions may slow this down xD)

SO! :D
Fire away ^^ Name your fave that you'd like to see a new portrait for :)
Last edited by Kilgarn on Mon 12 Aug, 2013 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eternal Crusade Referral code:
EC-LND6VY86AORV0
Caeltos

Re: Unit portraits re-work request thread ^^

Postby Caeltos » Sun 11 Aug, 2013 10:38 pm

Well, I suppose the Legion of the Damned sub-"DLC" chapter for Space Marines need updated art.

Not sure on the progress of Dark Reaper/Fire Dragons/Dire Avengers, who was in charge of that? I forgot. :oops:
Kilgarn
Contributor

Postby Kilgarn » Sun 11 Aug, 2013 10:42 pm

Caeltos wrote:Well, I suppose the Legion of the Damned sub-"DLC" chapter for Space Marines need updated art.

Not sure on the progress of Dark Reaper/Fire Dragons/Dire Avengers, who was in charge of that? I forgot. :oops:

Hans was the one doing those, tho I havent seen him in a while ^^;
If I can get me hands on the unit screenshots from the Legion of the Damned then I'll be able to do a solid portrait for them ;)
Btw, if Hans totally disappeared I can pick up that 3x portrait :) But it would be nice to aks him if you can, that where he disappeared to first xD
Last edited by Kilgarn on Sun 11 Aug, 2013 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EC-LND6VY86AORV0
Dineil
Level 2

Postby Dineil » Sun 11 Aug, 2013 11:13 pm

hey man i've been following your work in your site! i thought you had disappeared and i wouldnt be able to see your awesome portraits! It would be amazing if you could show us some portraits soon! you really bring life to the units! Just wanted to give you some praise :)
Kilgarn
Contributor

Postby Kilgarn » Sun 11 Aug, 2013 11:23 pm

Dineil wrote:hey man i've been following your work in your site! i thought you had disappeared and i wouldnt be able to see your awesome portraits! It would be amazing if you could show us some portraits soon! you really bring life to the units! Just wanted to give you some praise :)

Cheers ;)
Much appreciated :D I had moved to a different city last month and it was totally upside-down for me in the last 2x month because of it XD I didnt intended to disappear, just things IRL made me focus elsewhere :D Just posted 2x works in my own thread, check it out if you like ^^
EC-LND6VY86AORV0
Dineil
Level 2

Re: Unit portraits request thread ^^

Postby Dineil » Mon 12 Aug, 2013 12:25 pm

if i could offer a request... i dont know if others agree but i think the seer council portrait is very much like the warlock! Perhaps that could be changed to make them a bit more distinctive and imbue them with some personality! Cheers
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Mon 12 Aug, 2013 12:55 pm

Plague Champion Word Bearers DLC ? Would be reall cool :D
Kilgarn
Contributor

Postby Kilgarn » Mon 12 Aug, 2013 1:12 pm

Dineil wrote:if i could offer a request... i dont know if others agree but i think the seer council portrait is very much like the warlock! Perhaps that could be changed to make them a bit more distinctive and imbue them with some personality! Cheers

Thats an interesting one. The Seer Council uses the old Warlock unit portrait, while the base Warlock now uses the Ulthwé DLC's I think =) They do look a lot different. But if others request this also, then I'll look into it ^^

Kvek wrote:Plague Champion Word Bearers DLC ? Would be reall cool :D

Actually was thinking about that one, since only poor Nurgle champ got the shaft with new model and portrait :/ I'd like to do him a nice one :3 A bit different then the model, though close :D Seriously... the Nurgle champ's portrait is nowhere near frightening oO
EC-LND6VY86AORV0
Vikingniedan
Level 0

Postby Vikingniedan » Mon 12 Aug, 2013 9:19 pm

Hey there.

As i mentioned in the other thread, to me many of the GK squad icons really look alike, if i should mention them it would be :

yeah well. basicly all of the squads :)

Not saying that they need a complete do-over, as they are well done, but maybe some decals/colors to better tell them apart on replays and when playing ofc.

Keep up the good work, your work is looking really great.
GrimReaper
Level 1

Postby GrimReaper » Mon 12 Aug, 2013 10:44 pm

Maybe the regular force commander could use a rework since the model doesnt use diomedes face anymore perhaps a portrait with the new helmet could be more coherent with how the fc looks like now
The odds are not on my side, but escaping would be cowardice
Kilgarn
Contributor

Postby Kilgarn » Wed 14 Aug, 2013 4:29 pm

Noted :)
Though I'm not sure what model the current game uses, but I think I just need to check Indrids cast to see it :P
Or if you can get me some nice screenshots I'd be more then happy to draw it ^^
(in that case, send it to my email adress--> setakh@gmail.com)
Anyways, I think I'll do that with the Terminator Force Commander since I'm already at it ^^
EC-LND6VY86AORV0
Kilgarn
Contributor

Postby Kilgarn » Wed 14 Aug, 2013 4:31 pm

Vikingniedan wrote:Hey there.

As i mentioned in the other thread, to me many of the GK squad icons really look alike, if i should mention them it would be :

yeah well. basicly all of the squads :)

Not saying that they need a complete do-over, as they are well done, but maybe some decals/colors to better tell them apart on replays and when playing ofc.

Keep up the good work, your work is looking really great.

Yea I already included the GK on my to-do list ^^
And since the Brother Captain also uses an artwork from the internet, I'll do a custom portrait for him too ^^
It wont be that hard to differentiate between the GK squads tho :) same with all the SM troops :D Tho they look alike, I can play with the angles and whatnot ;)
EC-LND6VY86AORV0

Return to “Modding”