Adding Population Cap

Modding discussion.
Narcissistic Black
Level 0

Adding Population Cap

Postby Narcissistic Black » Fri 05 Dec, 2014 2:31 am

Is there a way I can add Unit cap to the Elite Mod Just for personal use for me and my mates?
I was just thinking of setting it to 250 or 300.
Wise Windu

Re: Adding Population Cap

Postby Wise Windu » Fri 05 Dec, 2014 4:13 am

Yep. You'll need to have Cope's Toolbox installed, which you can get here: http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread. ... 07-30-2014

After that, you need to open a mod from within that program, and select the Elite.module file. Then on the side bar where all of the drop down nodes are, click open simulation>attrib and scroll down to racebps, and open all of the races from the multiplayer mode.

In their files, expand the race_bag node and then expand race_population_cap_table. You can then change the base_personnel_cap and max_personnel_cap to whatever you want, and that should do it.

Make sure all of your friends have the exact same changed files installed, or else you won't be able to play with each other.

Let me know if I wasn't clear on anything.
Narcissistic Black
Level 0

Postby Narcissistic Black » Fri 05 Dec, 2014 5:27 pm

Your instructions were perfect. Thank you.

On the downside... when ever i try to host a game with them Post-Changes we get unknown join error. Are there any other files besides the Elite.Module file I have to share with them after I modded.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Sun 07 Dec, 2014 5:47 pm

The module file isn't the one you have to share. It hasn't been edited. The toolbox program just uses that file to find the location of the files you end up editing. The files you have to share are the ones you changed within the program.

The ones you should find are in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dawn of War II - Retribution\Elite\DataAttrib\simulation\attrib\racebps

You might also want to make copies of those in case future patches overwrite them. That way you won't have to edit them again. Pretty sure any changes made to those won't affect actual gameplay.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Sat 13 Dec, 2014 6:38 am

I fi may butt in here too real quick, you also might need to change the upkeep threshold to be higher so you can actually take advantage of the increased pop cap because upkeep will ruin what your mod if you try to keep it at 30. So maybe change the threshold to like 130 or so if you change it to 200 as the pop cap limit. This threshold is also found where you changed the pop cap amount.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
AdmiralCheung
Level 0

Postby AdmiralCheung » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 5:57 pm

Hey guys, I can't seem to use Cope's Toolbox to change pop cap now because of an overlapping data:common and attrib:common directories.

Please Advise !
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 7:04 pm

Pop cap increase? I have make a whole company by my hand but this increase deserve a whole chapter by it self I think.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 7:22 pm

AdmiralCheung wrote:Hey guys, I can't seem to use Cope's Toolbox to change pop cap now because of an overlapping data:common and attrib:common directories.

Please Advise !
Yeah, the way the mod is packaged now prevents editing directly through Cope's. You can try this: viewtopic.php?p=42820#p42820

It should work for all future versions.

If you want to do it yourself, you can edit the files by opening the .sga file in Cope's by going to Start>Open SGA. You'd have to repackage the files after you edit them though.
AdmiralCheung
Level 0

Postby AdmiralCheung » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 10:02 pm

I've edited the SGA files but the changes are not implemented, any advise ?
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 10:25 pm

You have to repackage them with the other files in the .sga. Or you can put them in a separate .sga file and add it to the .module file before the other attribute file paths.
FrankNova
Level 0

Postby FrankNova » Sun 09 Aug, 2015 1:05 am

Hi guys! I managed to change the pop-cap, and worked smoothly. Now I'm wondering, is there any way to change the Resource Pop Ratio? I mean, how quickly power is generated, and the same for requisition?
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Sun 09 Aug, 2015 5:13 am

Yep. Those are found in a few different places.

For Requisition, in Cope's Toolbox, go to ebps>world_objects>gameplay>strategic_point_requisition_pvp.rbf

That should be the requisition point entity. In that RBF file, go to resource_ext>resource_choice_per_second and change the requisition value in there. The value you put there will be multiplied by 60 to give the final per minute value shown in game. To change scaling over time, though, you'll have to make changes to a different file as well. So you'll see that the Req point entity has an ability called "sm_requisition_ticker", so open that. For each "delay" in the action_list, the requisition income is increased by 5. It says multiplication, but it's really multiplying the original by 1.5 and adding the difference to the total I think. Otherwise you end up with values like 22 and 33.75, etc, and when I tested it in game, they scale by 5 every time. So keep that in mind when changing it.

For power, the node itself is called strategic_point_pvp in the same folder as the Req point. Change the resources gathered in the same way.

For the activated power node, go to each race's ebps>pvp>buildings folder and change the resource_ext values for <race_prefix e.g. "sm", "ig">_listening_post.

The generators are in the same folder and are just called <race_prefix>_generator.

Or, if you just want to have the income from the outset, change the resource values in the pvp hq buildings under resource_ext. This way is much easier :P

Hopefully that helps.
Wh1teReaper
Level 0

Postby Wh1teReaper » Thu 03 Mar, 2016 11:43 pm

Would it be possible if someone could share the files or file we need? like say 250 or 500 pop cap if that is possible.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Fri 04 Mar, 2016 1:57 pm

I should be able to later today or tomorrow.
Wh1teReaper
Level 0

Postby Wh1teReaper » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 2:12 am

Wise Windu wrote:I should be able to later today or tomorrow.

Awesome spectacular that would be the greatest. Much appreciate it. I liked having massive battles reminds me of the first DOW.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Tue 08 Mar, 2016 6:38 am

Wh1teReaper wrote:
Wise Windu wrote:I should be able to later today or tomorrow.

Awesome spectacular that would be the greatest. Much appreciate it. I liked having massive battles reminds me of the first DOW.
Forgot I'd uploaded files you could use for it previously here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/56400/di ... 1439153031

And then download the module file here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/oiko8 ... ITE.module

Let me know if you have any problems.
OceansAteAlaska
Level 2

Postby OceansAteAlaska » Mon 21 Dec, 2020 9:29 pm

Thank you very cool.

Greets oceans himself

Return to “Modding”