PvP behaviours

Modding discussion.
TomastheTankEngine
Developer

PvP behaviours

Postby TomastheTankEngine » Wed 26 Jun, 2013 2:16 pm

Greetings all,

I have access to the PvP behaviour scripts. I want to make a list of behaviours which need to be modified/fixed. Once I have a list I can make a plan about fixing them in generic fashion (non-unit specific). Please comment below about any behaviours I need to look at.

Many thanks,
TtTE
dance commander
Level 2

Re: PvP behaviours

Postby dance commander » Wed 26 Jun, 2013 4:01 pm

By behaviour you mean target priorities and so on?

Well change the behaviour for all vehicle mounted anti-vehicle weapons to target other vehicles first while moving, and remove the generator node as a target priority.

That's it I think from me.
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Wed 26 Jun, 2013 7:44 pm

Snipers and hwt servants moving ahead far from the one member that actually fires, when issued with an attack command.
FiSH
Level 3

Postby FiSH » Wed 26 Jun, 2013 8:51 pm

after force-meleeing with a unit in range stance, the unit gets stuck in melee stance with regards to the initial target, so right-clicking on the target will show a cross-hair but the range unit will pursue in melee.

a few occasional behaviors that just randomly happens:
units sometimes not capping when told to.
setup teams sometimes not setting up in the correct direction that they were told to.

regarding pathing:
if a big unit (WB, vehicle...) is surrounded by little units (a squad), it sometimes gets stuck, shouldn't the little units always move out of the way?
><%FiSH((@>
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Wed 26 Jun, 2013 11:39 pm

FiSH wrote:regarding pathing:
if a big unit (WB, vehicle...) is surrounded by little units (a squad), it sometimes gets stuck, shouldn't the little units always move out of the way?

Yeah... There is an exploit where you get infantry (preferable one with high pathing priority like a CL/HT) and then just spam 's' and the vehicle can't move...
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Thu 27 Jun, 2013 4:38 am

Asmon wrote:Snipers and hwt servants moving ahead far from the one member that actually fires, when issued with an attack command.

that can be fixed by giving them sniper formation instead of normal. i've asked for this about six times already and not gotten any response at all.
TomastheTankEngine
Developer

Postby TomastheTankEngine » Thu 27 Jun, 2013 10:12 am

dance commander wrote:Well change the behaviour for all vehicle mounted anti-vehicle weapons to target other vehicles first while moving, and remove the generator node as a target priority.

I will be looking at the that. I know what function is causing that.

FiSH wrote:after force-meleeing with a unit in range stance, the unit gets stuck in melee stance with regards to the initial target, so right-clicking on the target will show a cross-hair but the range unit will pursue in melee.

Yeah I have had that to. Currently I press S or stop to reset their default behavior. I will look at the scripts and see if there is a way from them to pick the default stance.

FiSH wrote:if a big unit (WB, vehicle...) is surrounded by little units (a squad), it sometimes gets stuck, shouldn't the little units always move out of the way?

I will have a look. Not sure the path finding is accessible. I think it is part of the engine and is not exposed.
Lag
Level 3

Postby Lag » Thu 27 Jun, 2013 12:06 pm

FiSH wrote:regarding pathing:

It happens when the units are either stunned, or when the player surrounding the unit is spamming the button "s" (for stop). This way you can path-block vehicles as well. It is a bug which is used widely in the CoH community, but is pretty frowned upon in DoW2.
FiSH
Level 3

Postby FiSH » Thu 27 Jun, 2013 4:59 pm

@Lag
that is an intentional explanation of how big units may get stuck. however, there are definitely cases where big units unintentionally get stuck. i had my warboss stuck against a wall once with my own sluggas surrounding him, and he won't budge until the sluggas (i was not pressing s on them) moved out of the way. it is certainly rare for this to happen tho, but i've also seen this happen with my vehicles and my squads.
><%FiSH((@>
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Thu 27 Jun, 2013 6:49 pm

Sometimes small squads or heroes get stuck in your base after a mass retreat because they are surrounded by units, but like you say shouldn't the other units just move out of the way, especially if we are talking about a HT here. Could that be related to it?
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Thu 27 Jun, 2013 6:51 pm

When it happens with vehicles it is mainly because you are reparing and the model that is repairing has pathing priority but does not move (since he keeps repairing), hence the stuck vehicle.

Return to “Modding”