Looking for New Blood

Modding discussion.
User avatar
Atlas
Moderator
Posts: 2304
Joined: Sun 02 Feb, 2014 5:23 pm
Location: Tarpon Springs, FL

Looking for New Blood

Postby Atlas » Sun 31 Mar, 2019 10:51 pm

o/

2.9.2 is going to start entering production soon and, as it is mostly going to be a pure balance and bugfix patch, this is a great opportunity to get new blood who has always wanted to get into the modding business for Elite Mod.

I had always wanted to do this but timelines were pretty harsh once I got back online from Winter Break. For volunteers, I'll take whatever skills you got. If you don't have any, I'll just show you how to operate Cope's Toolbox which is where most of the balance magic happens.

Some have already expressed interest to me in other threads or posts and I'll try to follow up on those. But otherwise, if you have any interest in learning how to actually do balance changes and be a part of the tech team, please leave a post in this thread and I'll start getting people situated starting around Thursday of this coming week.

Also, if you have any questions, please let me know! Ty!
Atlas: Minister of Common Sense, Reasoning and Similar Sh*t
Nehkrosis
Level 1
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu 28 Feb, 2019 5:39 am

Re: Looking for New Blood

Postby Nehkrosis » Mon 01 Apr, 2019 6:10 am

If people are willing to teach, id GLADLY set aside time on the weekends to learn how to help you guys out in whatever way I can.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 3
Posts: 440
Joined: Tue 02 Feb, 2016 5:12 am

Re: Looking for New Blood

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Mon 01 Apr, 2019 6:15 am

I want to stop procrastinating on my beginners guide so I won't be able to help out. Sorry.
User avatar
Atlas
Moderator
Posts: 2304
Joined: Sun 02 Feb, 2014 5:23 pm
Location: Tarpon Springs, FL

Re: Looking for New Blood

Postby Atlas » Mon 01 Apr, 2019 6:56 pm

Nehkrosis wrote:If people are willing to teach, id GLADLY set aside time on the weekends to learn how to help you guys out in whatever way I can.


Kk, do you have the Discord server and all that? If not, I can start setting you up starting this week.

If you're more of a visual learner, I can show you some of my raw "Making of 2.9.1" FPPOVs to get you a general sense of how it works. I don't explain everything that I'm doing and it's a bit hard to follow from scratch but it should give a general feel to it!
Atlas: Minister of Common Sense, Reasoning and Similar Sh*t
Nehkrosis
Level 1
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu 28 Feb, 2019 5:39 am

Re: Looking for New Blood

Postby Nehkrosis » Mon 01 Apr, 2019 8:47 pm

Cool, ive been on the discord server before if thats what you mean.
i'll get back on to you tomorrow if thats alright?
User avatar
Atlas
Moderator
Posts: 2304
Joined: Sun 02 Feb, 2014 5:23 pm
Location: Tarpon Springs, FL

Re: Looking for New Blood

Postby Atlas » Tue 02 Apr, 2019 7:13 am

Nehkrosis wrote:Cool, ive been on the discord server before if thats what you mean.
i'll get back on to you tomorrow if thats alright?


Sure just send me a quick private message on Discord to kick you back to the top of my queue!
Atlas: Minister of Common Sense, Reasoning and Similar Sh*t
Nehkrosis
Level 1
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu 28 Feb, 2019 5:39 am

Re: Looking for New Blood

Postby Nehkrosis » Wed 03 Apr, 2019 5:26 am

Great, sorry I couldnt get on to ya yesterday, bit busy. Will be home from work in a few hours, message ya then. Same name on discord, I presume?
User avatar
Atlas
Moderator
Posts: 2304
Joined: Sun 02 Feb, 2014 5:23 pm
Location: Tarpon Springs, FL

Re: Looking for New Blood

Postby Atlas » Wed 03 Apr, 2019 7:33 am

Nehkrosis wrote:Great, sorry I couldnt get on to ya yesterday, bit busy. Will be home from work in a few hours, message ya then. Same name on discord, I presume?


Yes, Atlas on discord! You'll see me all over the place on the discord server. Whenever you got time, don't worry!
Atlas: Minister of Common Sense, Reasoning and Similar Sh*t
Nehkrosis
Level 1
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu 28 Feb, 2019 5:39 am

Re: Looking for New Blood

Postby Nehkrosis » Thu 04 Apr, 2019 6:28 am

Ha I was chatting to Adila yesterday, mistakenly thinking it was you!

So, I do just want to reiterate, ive tried using 3d modelling software recently for dow2 and couldn't make any headway with it. Is the work you'll need me to do requiring like college level training in modelling or is possible for me to learn from the ground up?

Thanks again for your time!
User avatar
Northerner
Level 0
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu 06 Jun, 2019 7:01 pm

Re: Looking for New Blood

Postby Northerner » Thu 06 Jun, 2019 7:20 pm

Though this might be late I am a, some what, experienced modder. I have modified code, done sprite work, done a little bit of 3d modeling (using blender), and have been playing DoW for quite a some time and have modded DoW I a bit as well. I noticed you guys were looking for help and I would not mind doing something that helps the DoW community out. So if you peeps are interested let me know, I would be glad to help and have a lot of free time to do so!
Shortround
Level 0
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat 22 Dec, 2018 3:46 pm

Re: Looking for New Blood

Postby Shortround » Wed 05 Feb, 2020 9:49 am

If Northerner is late, then I really am!!

Not done much modding before, although I've already had a nosey into the SGA files etc with Copes tools. Done programming and the like in the past, although the RBF's are new to me.
Eurûs
Level 1
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed 03 Apr, 2019 5:36 pm

Re: Looking for New Blood

Postby Eurûs » Fri 28 Feb, 2020 4:11 pm

Hey,

So i'm wondering if you're still looking for "new blood", i don't know what help i can't be, i never done any modding, i made some little game on an Engine call Godot, i know a bit of C++, Python but like a tiny bit, and also a bit of racket(the language it was called scheme before).
Null
Level 0
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon 02 Mar, 2020 1:07 pm

Re: Looking for New Blood

Postby Null » Mon 02 Mar, 2020 1:09 pm

Hey, created this account just for this, i've been lurking around for some time now. I have basic knowledge of Java and C++ if it helps, also i'm studying about game design and stuff like that, if you still need help let me know.
User avatar
Atlas
Moderator
Posts: 2304
Joined: Sun 02 Feb, 2014 5:23 pm
Location: Tarpon Springs, FL

Re: Looking for New Blood

Postby Atlas » Mon 02 Mar, 2020 7:15 pm

Null wrote:Hey, created this account just for this, i've been lurking around for some time now. I have basic knowledge of Java and C++ if it helps, also i'm studying about game design and stuff like that, if you still need help let me know.


Could always use help!

I presume you know a little bit about this game's tools like Cope's, 3DSMax and the like?
Atlas: Minister of Common Sense, Reasoning and Similar Sh*t
Null
Level 0
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon 02 Mar, 2020 1:07 pm

Re: Looking for New Blood

Postby Null » Mon 02 Mar, 2020 9:43 pm

Atlas wrote:Could always use help!

I presume you know a little bit about this game's tools like Cope's, 3DSMax and the like?


Used 3DSMax some time ago, but i am a bit rusty, i'd be more happy to get back at it again and learn something new .
Highscore
Level 0
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon 13 Apr, 2020 3:39 pm

Re: Looking for New Blood

Postby Highscore » Mon 13 Apr, 2020 3:49 pm

Hi there!

Been puttin a lot of hours into dow2 back when it was an official title, but zoned out a bit after the collapse of relic, and thus the dow franchise.

now ive started up again with the elite mod, and the nostalgia comes pouring in :)

Im working as a graphic artist for games and movies, and would love to help out if you have any Modelling, texturing, rigging or animation tasks.
For games im only familiar with unity implementations, so there will probably be a slight learning curve.
And as for modelling and rigging, its maya rather than 3dsmax (however i assume the output files are all that matters, .fbx or .obj no ?).

Its a cool project you guys got goin here, let me know if i could be of any help!
User avatar
Impregnable
Level 4
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue 02 Apr, 2013 2:58 pm
Location: SEGMENTUM TEMPESTUS

Re: Looking for New Blood

Postby Impregnable » Mon 13 Apr, 2020 3:55 pm

Highscore wrote:Hi there!

Been puttin a lot of hours into dow2 back when it was an official title, but zoned out a bit after the collapse of relic, and thus the dow franchise.

now ive started up again with the elite mod, and the nostalgia comes pouring in :)

Im working as a graphic artist for games and movies, and would love to help out if you have any Modelling, texturing, rigging or animation tasks.
For games im only familiar with unity implementations, so there will probably be a slight learning curve.
And as for modelling and rigging, its maya rather than 3dsmax (however i assume the output files are all that matters, .fbx or .obj no ?).

Its a cool project you guys got goin here, let me know if i could be of any help!

Contact Adila on Discord https://discord.gg/pBCw88v
Steam - https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198028570070/
Discord - Adila#2647
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"

Return to “Modding”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests