Multiplayer Campaign Mod Question

Modding discussion.
Agemmon
Level 1

Multiplayer Campaign Mod Question

Postby Agemmon » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 9:01 am

Hey folks!

I suppose this question goes out to the more talented modders out there, but is it possible to change the player slot / number of the joining player in a multiplayer campaign? More specifically, is there any way to turn the co-op campaign into a competitive campaign by having the second player control the enemies instead? I am trying to accomplish this in vDoW2 / CR because I think that the boss battles would be entertaining if a second player were able to control the bosses.

So far, I believe I have found a way to always have the host / player 1 control all 4 heroes, but I have had no luck finding any files or scripts that dictate how the players are set up in a multiplayer campaign. The closest things I could find were on the campaign map’s scar files themselves, which had a section that setup players 1-2 as human and players 3-4 as CPUs, but changing player 2 to CPU and player 3 or 4 to human didn’t seem to change anything.
Atlas

Re: Multiplayer Campaign Mod Question

Postby Atlas » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 6:56 pm

I actually don't know about this tbh. There's been basically no progress on working on campaign stuff. My guess is that it's possible though.
Garrick
Level 2

Re: Multiplayer Campaign Mod Question

Postby Garrick » Mon 15 Oct, 2018 2:30 am

To my knowledge, I don't think it's possible without an internal knowledge of how the campaign operates, which is not available.

Return to “Modding”