Eldar/Chaos Questions

Modding discussion.
bishibosh
Level 0

Eldar/Chaos Questions

Postby bishibosh » Tue 16 May, 2017 5:15 am

Hiya guys! I have a couple of questions.

One, is it possible to restore Dire Avengers to Guardians? I don't really like hearing the announcer and infantry themselves refer to DA as Guardians, and I think this visual change would be easiest, along with some UCS edits.

Two, and I don't know if this is a bug in the base game that you guys fixed, do Chaos Heretics not fire their guns in vanilla Retribution? I noticed immediately after installing Elite that Heretics actually had gunfire sounds, and was wondering how you guys fixed that!

Thank you so much for reading!
Shroom
Level 2

Re: Eldar/Chaos Questions

Postby Shroom » Tue 16 May, 2017 5:36 am

bishibosh wrote: restore Dire Avengers to Guardians? I don't really like hearing the announcer and infantry themselves refer to DA as Guardians

+1
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Tue 16 May, 2017 5:48 am

bishibosh wrote:
is it possible to restore Dire Avengers to Guardians? I don't really like hearing the announcer and infantry themselves refer to DA as Guardians

that is a horrible idea . Dire Avengers are much better than guardians . thumbs down big time .
-__-
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
bishibosh
Level 0

Postby bishibosh » Wed 17 May, 2017 2:26 am

Rostam313 wrote:
bishibosh wrote:
is it possible to restore Dire Avengers to Guardians? I don't really like hearing the announcer and infantry themselves refer to DA as Guardians

that is a horrible idea . Dire Avengers are much better than guardians . thumbs down big time .
-__-

Oh no, I'm not saying change this in the next release. I'm asking how I might go about changing it for me?

Sorry if I wasn't clear!
Garrick
Level 2

Postby Garrick » Wed 17 May, 2017 6:15 pm

Find out the name of the wargear and the UI files and then replace them. Online should be unaffected, too.

Return to “Modding”