[SOLVED] Looking for old Modding files/programs

Modding discussion.
Private Hix
Level 1

[SOLVED] Looking for old Modding files/programs

Postby Private Hix » Mon 09 Jan, 2017 8:25 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm currently gearing up to create a mod for DoW 2:Retribution and I've been compiling all the tutorials and programs I could get from the RelicNews forums since they will be shutting down soon ( :( ). I have run into an issue though, I want to download a pack of tools created by a user named "Santos" called "Santos Tools 2" but all of the download links seem to be down.

(v See here v)
http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?244910-Tutorial-Santos-Tools-2-Tutorial-1-Force-Commander-Head&daysprune=-1

Is there anyone here that might have all of Santos' tools that could maybe email them to me or something?

Looking forward to being a part of the modding community!
-Hix
Last edited by Private Hix on Wed 11 Jan, 2017 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Private Hix
Level 1

Re: [SOLVED] Looking for old Modding files/programs

Postby Private Hix » Wed 11 Jan, 2017 7:58 am

A fellow member ( @Atlas ) helped me find an active download link! Can't believe I didn't see it on Moddb haha

http://www.moddb.com/games/dawn-of-war- ... ls-2-v0600

I'm sure this will be useful to someone!
Garrick
Level 2

Postby Garrick » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 6:47 am

I am resurrecting the thread to announce that I will upload everything I have to Moddb in the next 24 hours.
Private Hix
Level 1

Postby Private Hix » Sun 26 Feb, 2017 11:02 pm

Garrick wrote:I am resurrecting the thread to announce that I will upload everything I have to Moddb in the next 24 hours.

Ooo great! Did you end up doing this?
Garrick
Level 2

Postby Garrick » Mon 27 Feb, 2017 1:19 am

Sorta, uploaded a couple of things, then noticed nobody was paying attention. Anyway, I have uploaded the FXEditor and the last version of SGAReader. I am planning on uploading the modified COHSpeecheditor, but it requires a tutorial to explain what does it do and when to use it. I need to make a note to myself to never set time limits, I always overshoot them.
Private Hix
Level 1

Postby Private Hix » Mon 27 Feb, 2017 1:36 am

Garrick wrote:Sorta, uploaded a couple of things, then noticed nobody was paying attention. Anyway, I have uploaded the FXEditor and the last version of SGAReader. I am planning on uploading the modified COHSpeecheditor, but it requires a tutorial to explain what does it do and when to use it. I need to make a note to myself to never set time limits, I always overshoot them.

Very cool! I'll be sure to grab the FXEditor tonight (If I don't have it already from RelicNews, need to check my own database).

The speech editor sounds pretty interesting, I'd definitely be interested in that. Does it basically allow you to stitch together different phrases/recorded parts of speech?
Garrick
Level 2

Postby Garrick » Mon 27 Feb, 2017 2:06 am

Nope, it's to edit the mastersound list (speechmanager.cache) which basically tells the game which speechcodes are in which faction directory. However, while this allows us to get additional speechcodes, it does not allow us to insert new sounds altogether, it just allows us to overwrite them. Using the speechmanager on the soundfile masterlist (speechsample.cache) nets you an internal error upon loading the game.
The game has enough soundfiles to fill three-four brand new factions, but is still a bother. Copernicus said that while editing the COHSpeechmanager to work with speechmanager.cachein DOW2 was no bigdeal, raw examination of speechsample.cache reveals additional code that we don't know how to edit.

see more here:http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?276386-TOOL-Speech-manager-02-10-2014&highlight=Speech
Private Hix
Level 1

Postby Private Hix » Mon 27 Feb, 2017 8:11 am

Garrick wrote:The game has enough soundfiles to fill three-four brand new factions...[/url]

WOW, is that including all of the files already used/in-game, or just the un-used ones?

Well very cool! That makes me even more excited! hehe
Garrick
Level 2

Postby Garrick » Mon 27 Feb, 2017 11:16 am

both. You have to get creative (I am also including mission sound files)
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Tue 28 Feb, 2017 11:07 am

If anyone ever needs them, I've archived most of the DoW and DoW II modding tools, too. I never got into CoH so I didn't make backups there.
Garrick
Level 2

Postby Garrick » Tue 28 Feb, 2017 1:23 pm

The only COH tool we need is the modified COHSpeechmanager, which can be found here at Cope's site http://www.s-schoener.com/files/relic/D ... anager.zip

Gorb: upload away, we could use the help.
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Tue 28 Feb, 2017 2:53 pm

I'm trying to get a different host setup, as Public Dropbox sharing is due to die literally sometime in the next week or two (early March), but this link works for Santos' tools right now:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/391 ... d_DoW2.zip (~26MB)

(I doubt anyone wants the vDoW modding content, plus that particular archive is 207MB or so)

Return to “Modding”