Kommando Nob vs Warboss (and other bullying commanders)

Strategy and L2P topics.
appiah4
Level 3

Kommando Nob vs Warboss (and other bullying commanders)

Postby appiah4 » Tue 01 Jun, 2021 6:58 pm

I can't seem to get anything done against the Warboss (and other bullying commanders like Chaos Lord) with the Kommando nob; every game results in me doing almost nothing in Tier 1 and then getting floored in Tier 2. This is for 1v1 or team play, I just can't stand against these commanders in my lane. Any tips?
ALWAYS ANGRY!! ALL THE TIME!!
Schepp himself
Level 3

Re: Kommando Nob vs Warboss (and other bullying commanders)

Postby Schepp himself » Wed 02 Jun, 2021 1:37 pm

appiah4 wrote:I can't seem to get anything done against the Warboss (and other bullying commanders like Chaos Lord) with the Kommando nob; every game results in me doing almost nothing in Tier 1 and then getting floored in Tier 2. This is for 1v1 or team play, I just can't stand against these commanders in my lane. Any tips?

Hej there!
It's always hard(er) to give tips without any replay. That's why I point to the abilities that the Kommando Nob has at his deposal as well as general Tier 1 composition: The Kommando Nob can infiltrate and tackle any enemy with his very high damage kombi-shooter. When the enemy approaches, infiltrate and back up just to tackle him again. You'll wittle him down. The Stun bombs can come in handy to slow down an enemy approach, too. You can also try to get offensive with the assasin-knife. Powerful against single entities.

Other than that, your shootas are your friend and can dish out a load of damage and with the right upgrades can suppress enemies on demand. The Chaos Lord won't be, but maybe supporting heretics or the Warboss.

Maybe there ideas help you out a bit.
Greets schep himself thingy
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Fri 04 Jun, 2021 12:24 pm

Aiming Wotz Dat? -> Stun bomb will help you the most in the ork mirror so that you can dominate the melee scraps. That said, the MU is generally considered to favour warboss because he can support melee easier with bang bang hammer, big stomp and use yer choppaz, and melee scraps is generally what an ork mirror comes down to.

Vs chaos I quite like going 2x slugga, 1x shoota, 1x loota, 1x painboy vs chaos as KN. Since KN doesn't have great T1 melee support I don't like stormboyz, the 2 sluggas can split up and cause carnage on the sides with the KN and you get a nice mobile force whilst the shootas and lootas stay roughly together and hunt that CL. If you do blob your full army up though it is a very strong force too.

Once you get in T2 and get kaboom/grappling hook/shotgun blast the tics die in droves and a DD is always nice alongside the dual sluggas w/ nobs to overwhelm the foe with melee.

Knife is also an option if you go 2 shoota, 1 slugga conventional build vs chaos lord or similar tanky melee heroes. Stun him then focus him with literally everything. He dies very fast. Not so good vs warboss because he can counter knife with his kustom shoota which has a longer stun range and since WB has more hp and some anti-melee tools WB is just a far better melee fighter than a KN with the knife so you kinda play into his trap if you go knife.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
faizanmazhar00
Level 0

Postby faizanmazhar00 » Tue 08 Feb, 2022 4:52 pm

appiah4 wrote:I can't seem to get anything done against the Warboss (and other bullying commanders like Chaos Lord) with the Kommando nob; every game results in me doing almost nothing in Tier 1 and then getting floored in Tier 2. This is for 1v1 or team play, I just can't stand against these commanders in my lane. Any tips?

Aiming Wotz Dat? -> Stun bomb will help you the most in the ork mirror so that you can dominate the melee scraps. That said, the MU is generally considered to favour warboss because he can support melee easier with bang bang hammer, big stomp and use yer choppaz, and melee scraps is generally what an ork mirror comes down to.

Return to “Strategy Discussion”