GK BC versus Chaos

Strategy and L2P topics.
Classy David
Level 0

GK BC versus Chaos

Postby Classy David » Sun 29 Mar, 2020 12:45 pm

Gonna contain a lot of actual play and theory crafting so forewarning. This is also the context of 2v2 and 3v3.

The particular base build I struggle against is Chaos Hero going double CSM then into either Havocs or into T2. Once T2 they go TCSM and then it snowballs down for me. Mainly this is against PC and CS given they have strong counters to melee.

All game is a struggle whatever I do to try and counter gets countered play by the CS or PC. Interceptors get countered by heretics and doombolts/plague sword. Purifiers get shot down and countered by plague fist/robes of torment. IST struggle with durability as nothing can screen them due to TCSM damage output. Dreadnought is a strong choice but against skilled Chaos players they'll either get MoK/MoT dread with PM or MoT Havoc support. I try to tie up those anti tank units but my units get damaged extremely quickly by those TCSM.

It is a nightmare for me when facing skilled Chaos players as everything I do is already countered by them. Outplayed and out thought so any advice on builds or insight would be appreciated.
PianoMan
Level 3

Re: GK BC versus Chaos

Postby PianoMan » Sun 29 Mar, 2020 1:01 pm

Classy David wrote:Gonna contain a lot of actual play and theory crafting so forewarning. This is also the context of 2v2 and 3v3.

The particular base build I struggle against is Chaos Hero going double CSM then into either Havocs or into T2. Once T2 they go TCSM and then it snowballs down for me. Mainly this is against PC and CS given they have strong counters to melee.

All game is a struggle whatever I do to try and counter gets countered play by the CS or PC. Interceptors get countered by heretics and doombolts/plague sword. Purifiers get shot down and countered by plague fist/robes of torment. IST struggle with durability as nothing can screen them due to TCSM damage output. Dreadnought is a strong choice but against skilled Chaos players they'll either get MoK/MoT dread with PM or MoT Havoc support. I try to tie up those anti tank units but my units get damaged extremely quickly by those TCSM.

It is a nightmare for me when facing skilled Chaos players as everything I do is already countered by them. Outplayed and out thought so any advice on builds or insight would be appreciated.

Get 2 fully upgraded IST and play them with a heavy turret rhino, with correct positioning you'll outbleed the chaos player but knowing that you're a 3v3 GK player, you probably just lose all the time due to SS bleed :l
Chaos players that use 2 TCSM against GK aren't skilled and neither are you, if you played it correctly you should have zero issues with a 2 csm build, especially with havoks, your eco management must be terrible or you just yolo jump your interceptors all the time, maybe both.
Nehkrosis
Level 1

Re: GK BC versus Chaos

Postby Nehkrosis » Sat 04 Apr, 2020 3:04 pm

Yeesh, friendly advice aye?

Return to “Strategy Discussion”