Beginner/New Players

Strategy and L2P topics.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Re: Beginner/New Players

Postby Ace of Swords » Mon 20 May, 2013 4:45 pm

Despite the animation dirge lasts only 3 seconds and the lr might be worth only with tzeentch worship but the guo is still better regardless, 90% of the time half of the dps of the phobos will be on infantry instead of vehicles.
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Mon 20 May, 2013 10:38 pm

The stun is for 3s but i think the damage debuff has lonfer duration. Corn worshipped LRP is also pretty decent as it becomes less painfully slow. Especially if properly supported.
#noobcodex
PanKiller
Level 1

Postby PanKiller » Mon 20 May, 2013 11:19 pm

Dont forget that u can put chaos lord intro LRP and make him melee counter with maul ( for ex > NOBZ.
Lost Son of Nikhel
Contributor

Postby Lost Son of Nikhel » Tue 21 May, 2013 8:23 am

Nurland wrote:The stun is for 3s but i think the damage debuff has lonfer duration. Corn worshipped LRP is also pretty decent as it becomes less painfully slow. Especially if properly supported.

:lol:

Now, with the ELITE changes the GUO it's a great Super Unit (except for the occasional Foul Snare or Vomit bug) and i prefer him in the 95% of my battles. It's more expensive than the LRP, but normally worth wait for him.

I would like add more, but i endorse what Ace of Swords says point by point. It's very niche, because even if you play defensive you can use the GUO as a gigantic bodyguard under Tzeentch workshipp.

Maybe one of the few situations that the LRP would be better than Chaos Terminators or GUO is if your opponent spent too much pop and resources in plasma/power melee weapons.
"Pater, peccavi in caelum et coram te; iam non sum dignus vocari filius tuus". Dixit autem pater: "manducemus et epulemur, quia hic filius meus mortuus erat et revixit, perierat et inventus est"

There will be no forgiveness for us.
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Tue 21 May, 2013 2:05 pm

Lost Son of Nikhel wrote:
Nurland wrote:The stun is for 3s but i think the damage debuff has lonfer duration. Corn worshipped LRP is also pretty decent as it becomes less painfully slow. Especially if properly supported.

:lol:

Well in the game I suggested getting Land Rapist Pooboss instead of GUO the enemies were pretty much rocking a tact blob with some ml and plasma and one or 2 predators a Phobos would've been pretty decent at just pew pewing them at range without too much need to commit. Ofc it would need to be properly supported etc.
#noobcodex
Servant of CTan
Level 1

Postby Servant of CTan » Fri 24 May, 2013 3:16 am

Hey, I have another awesome (IMO) match I just uploaded.

http://www.gamereplays.org/dawnofwar2/r ... &id=283037

I think I selected the right version for Elite on this one lol.

Anyway, I have been mostly trying out the CS, trying to get better with him, but this game, I decided to go with Grandpa Nurgle and things went remarkably well.

Any, tips, tricks, or advice on what I should have done, shouldn't have done?

Now I am going to have to decide whether I want to start playing as the PC or not :/
Servant of CTan
Level 1

Postby Servant of CTan » Mon 27 May, 2013 10:55 pm

Alright now I'm torn.

I have played several games as both the Chaos Sorcerer and the Plague Champion, and have had moderate success with each. But I need to focus on one over the other in order to improve my game, but I don't know which one to pick.

Out of the two heroes, which is the better overall for team games, and can adapt the best to meet differing army builds (blobby Nids vs. SM for example)?

I am more familiar with the CS's wargear, and I do like how I can teleport; but I tend to not use his worship like I do with the PC and I do find that I am able to tank more damage with the PC.

Which hero is better from top tier players' perspective?
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Mon 27 May, 2013 11:47 pm

Sorc is probably better but PC is easier to play while still being a potent hero. Also depends on the play style. I'm a Kayos main and Sorc is easily my worst Chaos hero.
#noobcodex
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Tue 28 May, 2013 1:29 am

Sorcerer without doubt, despite what you could hear it has a good early game if you use his abilities propely, and it has most of the powerful engagment-changing abilities late game.
Servant of CTan
Level 1

Postby Servant of CTan » Tue 28 May, 2013 2:49 am

Ace of Swords wrote:Sorcerer without doubt, despite what you could hear it has a good early game if you use his abilities propely, and it has most of the powerful engagment-changing abilities late game.

Yeah I figured as much.

Typically I do better with the CS vs PC but I don't use the Tzench worship or shines with CS. Nurgle worship is pretty nice in keeping my army on the field, and the shrines rock; I don't really see the benifits of CS shrines.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Tue 28 May, 2013 2:53 am

Servant of CTan wrote:
Ace of Swords wrote:Sorcerer without doubt, despite what you could hear it has a good early game if you use his abilities propely, and it has most of the powerful engagment-changing abilities late game.

Yeah I figured as much.

Typically I do better with the CS vs PC but I don't use the Tzench worship or shines with CS. Nurgle worship is pretty nice in keeping my army on the field, and the shrines rock; I don't really see the benifits of CS shrines.

They fire doombolts which do plasma damage and iirc they reduce the damage taken by your troops, im not sure about the % i think it's 10%.
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Tue 28 May, 2013 5:09 am

Sorc shrine-reduces damage taken by 10% and the bonus stacks+
Fires doombolts that do plasma damage not sure how much but it's not bad.
But yeah nurgle shrine is the best.
2x tzeench worship+2x havocs can be pretty nice :)

Return to “Strategy Discussion”