Minimising losses vs Staying in the fight with Orks

Strategy and L2P topics.
ShowMeMagik
Level 2

Minimising losses vs Staying in the fight with Orks

Postby ShowMeMagik » Sat 18 Aug, 2018 11:27 am

I am trying to get more into 1v1s as it seems to be the way forward and have a question.

I have been playing warboss and have been doing well imho in tier1 by accepting losses and staying in the fight. This is allowing me to get good map control and even bash occasionally.

What I am finding tho is that by the time I hit t2 I am struggling with req as I have bled so much.

So my question is where is the sweet spot between staying and forcing an opponent off then capping verses bleed.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Re: Minimising losses vs Staying in the fight with Orks

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 6:08 am

Do the things that make you win. Any sweet spot is dependant on factions and circumstances in the game.
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 4:00 pm

As PK said it depends massively on the situation. It's also one of those things that you never stop improving on and still commonly make mistakes over even after a 1000 games. It's basically a part of "game sense" that only comes with experience.

To answer your question about sweet spots, it depends a lot on playstyles. More passive/conservative players can do just fine with inferior map control and without ever bashing if they bleed their opponent hard without bleeding much themselves. You appear to be an aggressive player and tend to accept bleed to gain better map control and bashes, which works just fine as long as you pull it off. There is however the risk that if you do not pull it off then you'll fall too much behind since you're just bleeding without gaining anything out of it, which you have already identified as a fault in your play. So I suggest that for now you keep playing T1 as you have been and start playing more conservatively in T2 to avoid bleeding too hard. You could also experiment by playing with a style opposite to your "natural" aggressive style to figure out the strengths and weaknesses of it yourself. :P
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
ShowMeMagik
Level 2

Postby ShowMeMagik » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 8:23 pm

Thanks Toil. That helps a lot. I get that i have to play and learn and figure out. It helps to know what to think about etc.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:34 pm

I'm pretty much all the time getting Nob leaders for my Shootaz, so I can minimize their bleeding. The only bleed that I care is now Sluggaz, or Stormboyz. Taking out the potantial Shoota bleed is a big deal IMO.

I don't usually go for stomz, since I generally play KN or Mek, its easy for me to deal with set up teams, and I can rush for a nice Deff Dread. Stormz are also a source of bleed.
ShowMeMagik
Level 2

Postby ShowMeMagik » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:15 pm

I've been playing warboss and found the storms useful. But bored is a worry. I try to lure out the opponent awayif I can before jumping. Just got to think about my retreats I think.

Return to “Strategy Discussion”