Lack of Power - What Now?

Strategy and L2P topics.
Hutsy
Level 2

Lack of Power - What Now?

Postby Hutsy » Sun 08 Jul, 2018 4:34 pm

Thankfully doesn't happen anywhere near as much as what it used to but curious of what a more seasoned player would do in this scenario?

Usually play 2v2 or 3v3 so sometimes we're really struggling for power but req is decent. Is it best to pile up on T1 / T1.5 (where possible) units to try and over power by numbers and hope to swing things back in our favour? I get stuck in this habit of waiting to get to T2 and floating Req like mad as I'm just so worried I need some sorta AV ASAP due to their early advantage.

I usually play OM so think of the units I have available...

Cheers!
Torpid

Re: Lack of Power - What Now?

Postby Torpid » Sun 08 Jul, 2018 11:38 pm

It doesn't make any sense whatsoever to stockpile req. If you are high in req and low in power using the req doesn't make you tech any later so the logic of "I must get AV asap" is fallacious. Not to mention it is pretty bad logic most of the time anyway when there is not already a vehicle on the field.

Spend it. Use it.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 6:13 am

If you don't lose units, and got plenty of req - you could save it to T3 and spend it to gens
Hutsy
Level 2

Postby Hutsy » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 3:30 pm

Thanks guys.

Yeah really not sure why I float. I should just go for it and try.

I keep buying nodes / gens where possible too but sometimes I've been in situations where I'm constantly getting bashed and it's a nightmare if I'm in a lane that has the biggest responsibility for protecting power.
Codex

Postby Codex » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 5:00 pm

The only time you should float is rushing, and that is a gambit- I can save resources now to get to T3 faster for a win condition. If you're actually losing fights, you have to spend to get back into the game.

The only exception is if you have good options to rat amd delay, but that's not really happening until the mid gameq or later
Righteousness does not make right

Return to “Strategy Discussion”