Help for FC vs CL

Strategy and L2P topics.
belbel
Level 0

Help for FC vs CL

Postby belbel » Mon 12 Feb, 2018 1:05 am

Hello,

I'm a beginner and I have a hard time fighting the CL with FC

I watched a lot of replays but honestly I haven't seen many wins, or some clear tactic for this matchup

Any advise? Should I change my hero? Maybe Techmarine or Apo?
Rostam
Level 4

Re: Help for FC vs CL

Postby Rostam » Mon 12 Feb, 2018 2:20 am

no FC is a good match up vs chaos lord
better than the other 2 (TM is also good for focusing the big guy)
in 1v1s u can go 2x scouts to counter tics tacs also can go asm vs havocs (asm is good with fc)
the best way to play vs cl specially at the start is to just ignore him . u gotta micro around him and focus fire him down . if u want him out of ur way badly u can go devs instead of asm. also if there are 2 melee tics u might better go devs and play a bit more on the defense than usual offense with asm
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
belbel
Level 0

Postby belbel » Mon 12 Feb, 2018 2:39 am

Thank you for your answer!
I don't have so many issues in T1, it's mostly in T2 that the trouble start, especially when the CL goes full melee with CSM with MoK and Dread. MoK... I get submerged and don't know how to counter it

Also: do you have any good replays for this matchup that I should watch? (in 1v1)
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Mon 12 Feb, 2018 5:02 am

sure in fact i am publishing a cast this wednesday its CLvTM match up . it will help u
also countering mok csm is easy as SM Dread reks em . devs, thunderhammer, scouts .
basically going mok csm is suicide vs FC,usually they go mot csm also mok dread can be countred by lascanon+librarian(tome of time support) and melta bomb . dont go missile luncher cuz plasma tacs are better . also t3 sm pred is better than chaos . generally dread is a good option v mok csm and blood letters t2. teleporter fc and thunder hammer with artificer (hp regen) makes fc into a beast
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 9:45 pm

Thunderhammer FC should be used with his Battlecry ability so you can wreck his face. Won't stop the Chaos Lord tho. In that case, just focus fire the shit out of him with Tacs, Devs and Scouts.

MoK Dread might be tough to deal with because of his Bloodrage abilty. You will need some decent AV, and missile tacs won't do enough. You may want to turn your devs into a lascannon, totally worth to take down a dread, and be a potential thread for any tanks possible. Maybe you should go for a Power Fist if there aren't enoguh melee threats. Flesh over steel, and then missiles / lascannon. You can use For the Emperor buff on any anti vehicle option you got.

Countering full melee CL is the same way to counter a Thunderhammer FC. Get a walker out. You should get a Dreadnought, they are awsome. Basicially counters his entire melee army. If there aren't any Raptors around, you may want to get multi melta upgrade for a perfect walker counter. I usually prefer toe to toe fight but multi melta is the best walker counter. Run away while he is chasing you, and when he turns around to retreat, chase him down with your multi melta.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 9:38 pm

Vengeance Rounds on Devs to help focus down the CL(Chaos Lord). Use FTE(For The Emperor) if he gets his shield.

Get a Power Fist and not the Thunder Hammer. It does more damage to all his units compared to the Hammer. The Power Fist is good against melee vehicles and the special on the Power Fist will outright kill Heretics in a single attack. Against CSMs(Chaos Space Marines) it will also do slightly more damage than the Hammer.

Against MoK(Mark of Khorne) CSM you just have to disable them with suppression or a knockback and then shoot it with a buffed Plasma Tac.
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 3:09 am

It's also one of the best matchups to purchase a powersword in as your FC will be completely indominable save for from a havok. 20 power goes a super long way in this one.

Return to “Strategy Discussion”