Telehammer vs IG

Strategy and L2P topics.
TharxGamma
Level 2

Telehammer vs IG

Postby TharxGamma » Sat 11 Nov, 2017 3:48 pm

Any tips? I know as Inq I could try to stun lock him but as LC or LG whats the most viable solution? Or what units would of be most help.
Phoenix

Re: Telehammer vs IG

Postby Phoenix » Sat 11 Nov, 2017 4:53 pm

Hop into chimera or bunker.
Retreat and execute GM.
Bait with GM and have a HWT covering them.
LC has another execute (or multiple with Carapace) to work with and with his shield up he can get additional damage onto the FC. Come T3 you can also just use "None Shall Fall!".
LG has Med Packs, "Move! Move! Move!" and Flak Jacket to get your stuff away from the FC.
TharxGamma
Level 2

Postby TharxGamma » Sat 11 Nov, 2017 9:38 pm

Now you say it makes sense, cheers man really appreciate the help! I need to micro manage better
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Sat 11 Nov, 2017 11:40 pm

I strongly recommend the LG flak jacket. If you activate "Incoming" before the FC lands his first special, he is effectively impotent. After that, simply spread your infantry out and gun him down. As Phoenix mentioned, the grenade launcher speed boost will make the process even easier as you can basically dance circles around him with a speed boost and KB immunity (also use the flak jacket against ASM, without their on-landing disruption they will get gunned down very quickly by whatever ranged blob they attack).

As for LC, having a chimera is the best solution. As soon as he teleports in, load up and just back away until his battlecry is over or you're far away enough to gun him down. Also remember that the LC shield grants him knockback immunity as long as it remains active, so your LC can pop the shield and start whittling down his hp with either the sword or klaw.

You should also get into the habit of keeping a HWT at the back of your army and using them as counter initiation. Against an army that has both jump troops and a teleporting commander, that is usually the best way to use a setup team.
TharxGamma
Level 2

Postby TharxGamma » Sun 12 Nov, 2017 8:44 am

I've taken some time to actually look into the LG and it does seem that the answers where there haha I did want to play some more LG but with the threat of telehammer I didn't thank you again!

Return to “Strategy Discussion”