Is Warlock the only viable Eldar champ ?

Strategy and L2P topics.
Rostam
Level 4

Re: Is Warlock the only viable Eldar champ ?

Postby Rostam » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 6:46 am

warp spider can shut down melee commander with heavy gauge pretty good though warlock has more hp and is tankier
both of them are very good in 1v1s
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 7:40 am

WSE got nerfed pretty hard in recent patches making him more manageable. Still a good hero but less good than before.
#noobcodex
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 8:46 am

shit you say to new players aka farseer highest potential if u know how to play her, warlock offensive xd xd
Noobus please stop being so biased against pc, it's obvious you don't know how to play against him and that's fine but he's not as strong as you think
also stop using games that are 6 fucking years old as an example and stop using your experiences from retail, warlock right now is the most cancerous fucking piece of shit garbage faggot russian combined with mexican commander

warlock basically starts with a fucking leap that's prob better than fucking asm jump, destructor destroys almost everything that's not sm but who cares about sm when you just buy a shuri rangers and you insta win cus they can't do jackshit unless its tm but even then it's a fucking shit mu for sm, then you have immolator which is retard strong as well, mwb instantly removes every jump squuad and theres no fucking reason for it to have ranged kb but w/e and kurnous is just a fucking thunder hammer
warp throw=enemy retreats you get map control/bash w/e or he loses everything, just fucking retarded mexican garbage again
warlock's webway heal is retarded as well but unless you don'ť play against some russian guy then you probably won't see the abuse of them

farseer is strong, but wl has no bad mus, is way easier to play and still gets more, even wse is strong but warlock just gets so much more out of so little
eldar op
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 5:10 am

I will try to stay on point and be brief:

I am basing my conclusions on games I had only recently with Adila and Nurland. I didn' even play 6 years ago :-P

I think everyone agrees that the Warlock has the most early pressure (combat-wise only) being what he is but the Destructor e.g. does not scale into late-game and is getting nerfed further, mind you, partly based on my input, so there goes your bias argument. Farseer still has much better late-game potential and I stay by that.

Gate healing is bs says the guy that is trying to defend the PC whose heretics can build structures that heal AND suppress with a far shorter cooldown on the ability than the gates ability 8-)

MWB costs 35 power and you already went for a Shuriken platform and Rangers too (it's also melee_pvp only). That is 85 power and you still have no aspects on any of your squads which you certainly do need though. If the SM chooses to match your power expenditure, his T1 army will beat yours. ASMs + double fully upgraded scouts were the way to go since the Ranger nerfs (apart from when Rangers suppressed but let us never speak of that time again). Shotgun scouts kb Banshees and shred them with Tacticals. Off they go. 2nd kb is either reserved for Warlock or DAs. Close-Range Shotgun-Scouts with Tacs and ASM shred DAs as well. Shuri already had to go anyways. Btw, this becomes much worse with Apo and FC. Apo can make ASMs stay in much longer than FC and TM can, although FC can change the outcome with FTE and BC quite significantly. Apo will make sure you don't bleed expensive models though. Vials also mean insta-retreat because you can no longer take the fight at your current location. While falling back you bleed. Might as well retreat. Apo Bolter shuts down Warlock pretty hard. Purification Rites let your ASM win the fight vs Banshees for sure. It is all there in T1, just have to take it into account.

I will not validate the kurnous = thunderhammer statement by responding to it.

Try to stay on point and be objective about this for once. Yes, Warlock is very strong but he is certainly not what you tried to paint him as here.
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 7:45 am

6 years ago was about toilailee not about you

gate healing is bs and don't compare it to nurgle worship just because you don't know how to properly deal with pc in one of the easiest MUs
what you wrote about sm vs eldar only works when the eldar player is trash also luls at apo shutting down warlock
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 7:59 am

As I thought. No facts, just random ramblings. Let's move on.

Edit:
That was basically what all high level SM vs Eldar games looked for quite some time now.

Shrines are not the same as heretic worship. You have yet to say what is bs about gates.
Shroom
Level 2

Postby Shroom » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 2:15 pm

PianoMan wrote:luls at apo shutting down warlock

full auto instastuns anything it hits and keeps it stunned for a couple of seconds, so yea, apo bolter does shut down warlock.
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 2:20 pm

yeah apo shuts down the warlock thats why its one of the easiest MUs for warlock
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 2:27 pm

PianoMan wrote:yeah apo shuts down the warlock thats why its one of the easiest MUs for warlock

That would be Sorcerer.

And you still don't put any reasoning behind what you say. And no, I don't just theorycraft. :)
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Wed 27 Sep, 2017 3:26 am

Adeptus noobus
Warlock has always rape apo since retail and elite not only is warlock a better fighter but better support as well

You say purification rites lets asm win fights for the same cost wl can get channeling runes which is way better come t2 heart of darkness is very mean with shes.

Apo bolter can stun the wl still you need something to kill him, while wl get a mwb great weapon for what it does one just troll apo a lot of the time then shit on asm.

Also warlock is the best hero vs chaos has to go 2 csm vs wl or it loss tics are worthless wl just shit on them to hard
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Wed 27 Sep, 2017 6:53 am

merciless+champion's rope combo reks melee squads especially earlier on,like 2x tics (with the destructor ofc which finishes the job)
WL is one of the heroes which is pretty much good vs every MU
1-ChaosLord,Warboss 2-FC,Warlock are definitely the best heroes in 1v1 they are pretty much decent in every situation
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Wed 27 Sep, 2017 7:03 am

Chaos lord is not even remotely close to the WB/Warlock in terms of power. FC is better, but TM is still better than the FC and TM is not as good as WB/WL either.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Wed 27 Sep, 2017 7:46 am

Torpid wrote:Chaos lord is not even remotely close to the WB/Warlock in terms of power. FC is better, but TM is still better than the FC and TM is not as good as WB/WL either.

hmmmm, y is that so about the chaos lord? i mean he seems to be the best hero in 1v1 in general,but i suppose he is slow and can be ignored
and about FC right now Telehammer is very good. Techmarine also seems to be better than apo among sm heroes
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Wed 27 Sep, 2017 9:17 am

Rostam313 wrote:
Torpid wrote:Chaos lord is not even remotely close to the WB/Warlock in terms of power. FC is better, but TM is still better than the FC and TM is not as good as WB/WL either.

hmmmm, y is that so about the chaos lord? i mean he seems to be the best hero in 1v1 in general,but i suppose he is slow and can be ignored
and about FC right now Telehammer is very good. Techmarine also seems to be better than apo among sm heroes

He really isn't even close. He is extremely simple to defeat. He doesn't have any retreat wiping potential. No AV. Very weak vs both suppression teams and melee spam.

And chaos in general aren't as strong as orks/eldar overall. Combine a bad race with a bad hero and you won't get very good performance at high level.

The problem of course is that we all know that the CL and chaos in general are noob friendly. So at lower skill levels the CL performs extremely well.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Wed 27 Sep, 2017 9:32 am

Torpid wrote:
Rostam313 wrote:

He really isn't even close. He is extremely simple to defeat. He doesn't have any retreat wiping potential. No AV. Very weak vs both suppression teams and melee spam.

And chaos in general aren't as strong as orks/eldar overall. Combine a bad race with a bad hero and you won't get very good performance at high level.

The problem of course is that we all know that the CL and chaos in general are noob friendly. So at lower skill levels the CL performs extremely well.

Tell that to initialmink about the CL :P ;although he plays CL in retail when he along with chaos are very powerful
as Noobus mentioned: "my micro is superior so u think lord is op" - initialmink
dont know this quote is meant to be a joke by Noobus or mink has actually said that though ^^

PS:which of the Tyranid heroes currently has the best performance? my guess is RavenerAlpha (he has pretty interesting WG not to mention the tunnels which he can now produce more less time)
Last edited by Rostam on Wed 27 Sep, 2017 9:41 am, edited 5 times in total.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Wed 27 Sep, 2017 9:34 am

Also to get back on the thread ,I like the chaos lord v Farseer MU,it is pretty interesting to watch
Like this farseer Load-out : Ghost helm+Armor of Fortune (T1) Singing spear (T2)
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Wed 27 Sep, 2017 5:29 pm

Rostam313 wrote:Also to get back on the thread ,I like the chaos lord v Farseer MU,it is pretty interesting to watch
Like this farseer Load-out : Ghost helm+Armor of Fortune (T1) Singing spear (T2)

Pretty interesting to watch

Ghost Helm

Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Thu 28 Sep, 2017 11:48 am

Ghost helm is pretty good noobus :P it does wonders; channeling ruin and warp throw are too good though to be honest,so perhaps they have priority
btw is WSE heavy gauge gonna be reverted to a knock back ability as it was before? i mean in the next patch
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Thu 28 Sep, 2017 12:09 pm

Rostam313 wrote:Ghost helm is pretty good noobus :P it does wonders; channeling ruin and warp throw are too good though to be honest,so perhaps they have priority
btw is WSE heavy gauge gonna be reverted to a knock back ability as it was before? i mean in the next patch

No on the heavy gauge. Why would we do that???

Return to “Strategy Discussion”