Eldar vs heavy supression

Strategy and L2P topics.
Thibix Magnus
Level 2

Eldar vs heavy supression

Postby Thibix Magnus » Thu 09 Mar, 2017 6:28 pm

Heya,

trying back the game after a long while... thank you mod team for the continued support ! A question intended for 2.6 but probably still applies. With the change to the rangers role, how do Eldar compensate the now real lack of direct counter-suppression in T1 ? They are the only faction in this case now. Is their speed and utility enough ?

It starts from a very specific and extreme situation: with WL/FS, how to deal with two SM devs supported by storm shield ? No straightforward counters, the shield gives the supremacy in a suppression contest and mitigates rangers shots or tanks immolator. Vengeance rounds destroy shuris and are enough to deter WG in T2 if you make it there... Not having a lot of time to test it, but double rangers to set up a hero+banshee charge with kinetic shots seem a hefty investment for a very small window of opportunity, that is soon closed by shotgun scouts and FC.

This specifically applies to a choke point situation with the other player sitting on your power, typically in a 2v2 lane, but I suppose it can apply to some closed 1v1 maps. Is giving up and counter-bashing the only (sometimes inefficient) answer ?

I can't tell how the problem generalizes to less specific situations. If it's too specific and never applies to 1v1, calling on your ally is a reasonable enough advice I suppose, even if there is always some drawback while switching lanes. Still, any tip welcomed :)
boss
Level 3

Re: Eldar vs heavy supression

Postby boss » Thu 09 Mar, 2017 6:34 pm

from what I seen from ranges so far their damage is ok ish maybe could do with a bit more but well see but the tear down and up is very small now which is a big change for them and now very cheap you can get them most of the time have to see and play more games if their damage need to go up thay should deal with set up teams I think
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Thu 09 Mar, 2017 6:47 pm

A Shield FC with 2x devs is EXTREMELY immobile. You can probably just wait him out tbh unless he manages to push all the way to your power. If you're looking for T2 solutions, maybe an autarch or a wraithlord? I would prob go with the former as the FC Fist is pretty scary :X
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Thu 09 Mar, 2017 7:07 pm

With wl you can just go immolator + nades, FS will need to use rangers to KB the Devs while you approach and tie them up + nade the second dev with your DAs.

Return to “Strategy Discussion”