Raptors.

Strategy and L2P topics.
Codex

Re: Raptors.

Postby Codex » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 10:00 pm

Sorry to be the antifun, but the fun ends here. The topic of this thread is raptors, and it hasn't been that for a while. Get back on topic or it can be locked.
Righteousness does not make right
Swift

Postby Swift » Sun 26 Jul, 2015 1:44 am

I wouldn't stalk you if your posts weren't comedy gold.

On topic: The AC provides you with some single target damage that's nice for sniping models or doing large chunks of damage to heroes as they approach. Of course with the 65 energy jump this is harder to pull off than I make it out to be, so they often get stuck in fights where they overstay their welcome because they're waiting to get off that daemonic strength, which tends to bleed them. Always remember, these jump squads are not melee vs melee superiority squads, using them on the ranged blobs is the best option available to you, take out a squad leader with the strength and generally harass any transports.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Sun 26 Jul, 2015 2:00 pm

Cencorship? What kind of opinion deserves cencorship in this forum unless it is out of our mode?

Meanwhile in Caeltos house
'' Damm he is right about Paladins! I can not allow him to share his opinions, otherwise a rebellion awaits me. Sorry dude, it is just buisness. Just buisness...''
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sun 26 Jul, 2015 5:17 pm

K i think this has gone sufficiently off-topic at this point. Why not make a separate thread and repost what you wrote Codex? I think it's a worthwhile read.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Sun 26 Jul, 2015 5:55 pm

I say Raptor melta guns needs a damabe buff just to turn back to topic.
Paradise Lost
Level 2

Postby Paradise Lost » Wed 26 Aug, 2015 10:59 pm

firatwithin wrote:I say Raptor melta guns needs a damabe buff just to turn back to topic.

No, what raptors need is to stop being made of goddamned paper.
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Thu 27 Aug, 2015 6:20 pm

As a Chaos main, I don't feel Raptors underperform. I'd be more inclined to nerf the Aspiring Champion tbh.
#noobcodex
Cyris
Level 4

Postby Cyris » Thu 27 Aug, 2015 7:01 pm

I could see a world where they don't lose melee resist when upgrading to meltas. Or maybe have slightly less upkeep. Or a small range increase to the meltas.
Crewfinity
Level 4

Postby Crewfinity » Thu 27 Aug, 2015 7:17 pm

Cyris wrote:I could see a world where they don't lose melee resist when upgrading to meltas. Or maybe have slightly less upkeep. Or a small range increase to the meltas.

I dont really think they need any buffs, they're in a pretty good place right now. particularly the melta range increase, they're already a jump unit with a snare and melta guns, any range increase would reduce potential counterplays by too much imo
xXKageAsashinXx
Level 2

Postby xXKageAsashinXx » Sat 29 Aug, 2015 7:14 pm

Why not give them disruption upon landing once they upgrade to meltas since they lose suppression?
So... I hear you refuse to repent.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 2:44 pm

Because the whole point of the melta upgrade is that they change roles.
Cheekie Monkie
Level 3

Postby Cheekie Monkie » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 7:03 pm

Caeltos wrote:- Tau can commit to long-range firefights and FORCE fights. This is to highlight the lore aspect of Mont'ka and Kauyon.
- Sistle of Battle would introduce the most control-oriented warfights in the game through-out their flame-favorable weaponry

Caeltos commenting on Tau and Sisters gameplay?

Tau and Sisters for Dow 2 confirmed.

Anyway, the reason why there's so many conflicting opinions on this thread is because raptors are one of those cool-but-not-entirely-necessary units in the game. The nade launcher tic/hero combo can handle T1 suppression squads, noise marines deal with blob ranged and I think we can all agree that letters are one of the best T2 jump troops in the game. Now you can argue that raptors scale better than tics, are more mobile and versatile than NM and come earlier than letters, but in the end it all comes down to personal preference.

In this regard, the way in which there seems to be as much raptor lovers than there are raptor haters suggest that they're balanced.
Playing truth or dare with Diomedes: You dare? YOU DARE?!
Tinder with Diomedes: THINK YOU ARE MY MATCH?!
xXKageAsashinXx
Level 2

Postby xXKageAsashinXx » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 8:18 pm

Dark Riku wrote:Because the whole point of the melta upgrade is that they change roles.

It'd make them retain their old role somewhat, yeah, but it'd also help them pursue their new role. If you're jumping in for the tank kill, unless it's all alone and you happened to catch it mid transit to wherever the battle lines have been drawn, most likely there's gonna be some kind of supporting unit there. With disruption, you can delay the counter initiate just long enough to at least get off a single volley and the melta bomb.

Just my two cents... okay, maybe three cents.
Kentation
Level 2

Postby Kentation » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 8:34 pm

But disruption has other applications other than to hinder counter intiation units. An example would be able to disrupt ranged blobs. Disruption also has the strong benefit of giving you a easier time to move in your melee squad, set up some form of combo and giving your ranged units the some time to fire uncontested.
xXKageAsashinXx
Level 2

Postby xXKageAsashinXx » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 9:37 pm

xXKageAsashinXx wrote:It'd make them retain their old role somewhat, yeah,
Kentation
Level 2

Postby Kentation » Sun 30 Aug, 2015 10:01 pm

xXKageAsashinXx wrote:
xXKageAsashinXx wrote:It'd make them retain their old role somewhat, yeah,

I get that, I'm trying to illustrate why this is an unnecessary buff. Besides they already retain their role "somewhat". You jump in and tie up some range squad :lol:
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Tue 01 Sep, 2015 10:02 pm

With deamonic fury working properly, and getting a powerfist/melta pistol for 80/25, we chaos players who occasionally use raptors have nothing left to complain about.

//end
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Mon 21 Sep, 2015 3:03 pm

Tex wrote:With deamonic fury working properly, and getting a powerfist/melta pistol for 80/25, we chaos players who occasionally use raptors have nothing left to complain about.

//end

Exacto
#noobcodex
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Mon 21 Sep, 2015 7:04 pm

Wait it's really 80/25? Wow that's super cheap.

Return to “Strategy Discussion”