(noob) Tyranids vs space marines

Strategy and L2P topics.
Pieofreckoning
Level 1

(noob) Tyranids vs space marines

Postby Pieofreckoning » Fri 03 Jul, 2015 1:06 am

I have no idea how to combat space marines as tyranids early. Gk/CSM/Space marines. i can never seen to win the first few engagements. i usually run double terms into warrior brood. (hero is usually lictor alpha). they either get a turret up and decimate my forces. or just bleed my squads so badly i cant fight. Help?
egewithin
Level 5

Re: (noob) Tyranids vs space marines

Postby egewithin » Fri 03 Jul, 2015 10:45 am

With Lictor is easy. Infiltrate and bite Tacticals. But he may respond with a Scout Sergant which will ruin your infiltration play. My advice is to kill Scouts in the first fight. Lets say you have a FC against you.

-Infiltrate Lictor untill enemy comes. When they come, rush to Scouts with Hormas and Lictor. If they retreat with a singe model, Flesh Hook and finish it. Then rush to tacticals with melee (LA and Horm) While your Termigants focus fires Force Commander, just try to ignore him. If he trys to melee to Termies, he can attack only one squad. Kite the Termie squad but still continue shooting FC. If he swiches target to other Termie, continue shooting wtih the other one. He will be forces off.

The problem here; if he decides to melee to your Termies with Tacs, you are defensless. Or shotgun Scouts. Wait untill Warriors comes. If he goes for ASM (Assault Marines Squad), you may need to use Pheremone which will reinforce all of your squads. In case of a Devestator, just infiltrate and tie it up. If Scout Sergant + Devs ===> Raveners. It will cost a lot of power for this build but remember, he spended a lot too.
Pieofreckoning
Level 1

Re: (noob) Tyranids vs space marines

Postby Pieofreckoning » Fri 03 Jul, 2015 10:49 pm

Thank you. i tried out what you said in a couple multiplayer matches and it helped alot. ^_^

Return to “Strategy Discussion”