IG vs Eldar(v2.4)

Strategy and L2P topics.
Atlas

IG vs Eldar(v2.4)

Postby Atlas » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 8:10 pm

You all know this thread was going to happen the minute you saw improved DA and FotM WG on the changelist.

I used to do 3x gm, sent and spots vs Eldar which went into either a Banewolf or a fast cloaky Ogryns in my Inq vs Eldar matches. However, with the new patch (and vs better players :P ) I can barely manage to get to T2, let alone push back hard.

DA are much more effective right out of the gate without the cost of power, which is making the GWT come out even faster. On top of that, having exarches readily available means that infiltration plays in T1 have also been rendered less effective as far as I can tell.

I've been personally facing a lot of 3x DA and GWT with an immolator WLock, but I can forsee problems in all of the Eldar matchups. Obviously after this you're going to see WG in T2 and probably either a Falcon or WL after that.

Has anybody been experimenting in this matchup? Otherwise, I'm afraid that I WILL BE PINNED HERE for a long time.
egewithin
Level 5

Re: IG vs Eldar(v2.4)

Postby egewithin » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 9:59 pm

Well, as far as my experiance, I use 2 GM and 1 or 2 HWT in my matches, combining with a Chimera in T2. I just ignore Banshees untill HWT comes up or taking them down with my team mate. Rangers are just annoying. Shrunkens can be dealth with Lord Generals anti-suppress armor or Spotters. Yeah, for your Inquisitor, Spotters I say. I can not risk short ranged CatDevils in my matches like these, since they are bringing a lot of phew phew.

The best things to happen are; Banshee wipe out - Shrunken wipe out - at least 1 hero kill. Even one of these things happens, it is good for you. Ofcouse, no squad loss to Grenades. Please.

Chimera will force him to get some AV, probobly react with Brightlance. In case of that, react with Orgyns since there are no suppressions around anymore. In case of Wraitguard and Shrunken, well umm... Belive in the hearth of the cards. The Shrunkesn shouldn't be able to move at the same speed of Wraitguards. I mean he needs to set up and set off every time. You can use some hit and run tactic, oooorrr, if Inquisitors that Assail thing armor prevents ranged attacks, use it. Then start melting Wraithgurads. Also, some smokeshells and artelerryshells should deal with the rest of the infantry. Or just use some Promethium on them, the globel one. Eldar likes it a lot!
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Postby DandyFrontline » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 10:42 pm

Did you try Spotter+Cats? Cats smoke nade decrease incoming damage by 50% and give suppression immune, shotgun blast+nades+mortar shells gives great disruption. At t2 counter vehicles and blobs with sentinel. Then on situation. Should work on papers ^^
Venjitron
Level 2

Postby Venjitron » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 1:33 am

loads of tools in the ig toolbox batter eldar... i suggest 3 ig squads 1 sentinel 1 hwt 1 spotter....dont bother getting stomp...you've still only spent 60 power while triple dires wont be able to outshoot 3 900 hp guard squads and they will have to purchase 3 dires shuri possible ranger...and still not have anywhere near the staying power as imperial forces...they are forced at least to purchase the warlock leaders to help survive firefights..45 power there so 105 power spent just to even hold ground for eldar which the ig player should achieve easily.
in t2 an autocannon is a nightmare for eldar and does plenty of damage you have so many options come t2 to fight back hard....most smart eldar in these match ups purchase a wraithlord with lance to be ready to charge the light infantry but autocannon and missile sent keep it away and from being a line breaker...ogryns will be able to help bring it down if it over extends and tries to stop the autocannon slamming chunks of its hp off a chim keeps you on the field and peels those avengers even more..wraithguard are nowhere near as dangerous as they were they fire abit slower and the fire on the move only gives a minor boost to their combat if your moving away from them...they dont supress as fast and they are slow...really slow ogryns make short work of them and they are easily caught out of position with a well placed spotter shell....t3 you are probably going to be contending with double prism this is when the problem starts you can get a counter with a simple melta storms which are increadibly effective at taking down these low hp fast skimmers solong as you push to assault the dire avengers as hard as you can beforehand leaving the prisms without detectors...a leman with executioner lets you mop up their infantry or vanquisher can easily beat a single prism...its not hard atlas :>
Corrie
Level 1

Postby Corrie » Wed 01 Jul, 2015 9:26 am

This matchup is madness, especially warlock. The triple DA with 1 gwt is tough but when they go 2 gwt it's brutal, the build ive been trying is 3 gm, spotters, sent and sometimes hwt depending on what hero am playing or what map it is,

You pretty much have to knockdown and smoke the first gwt while your inquisitor gets stealth armour and flank the other meanwhile the warlock burns your whole blob with immolate and smite and maybe throws in a grenade if the jobs not quite done yet! Hence why I get a hwt to cover the guardsman spotters, but yeah am struggling too I don't even know how this matchup plays out in t2 because am always behind in t1, also if they decide they don't need the gwt to cover they can always send it for a gen bash while you need your whole army to fight his.
enasni127
Level 2

Postby enasni127 » Wed 22 Jul, 2015 1:40 pm

Venjitron wrote:loads of tools in the ig toolbox batter eldar... i suggest 3 ig squads 1 sentinel 1 hwt 1 spotter....dont bother getting stomp...you've still only spent 60 power while triple dires wont be able to outshoot 3 900 hp guard squads and they will have to purchase 3 dires shuri possible ranger...and still not have anywhere near the staying power as imperial forces...they are forced at least to purchase the warlock leaders to help survive firefights..45 power there so 105 power spent just to even hold ground for eldar which the ig player should achieve easily.
in t2 an autocannon is a nightmare for eldar and does plenty of damage you have so many options come t2 to fight back hard....most smart eldar in these match ups purchase a wraithlord with lance to be ready to charge the light infantry but autocannon and missile sent keep it away and from being a line breaker...ogryns will be able to help bring it down if it over extends and tries to stop the autocannon slamming chunks of its hp off a chim keeps you on the field and peels those avengers even more..wraithguard are nowhere near as dangerous as they were they fire abit slower and the fire on the move only gives a minor boost to their combat if your moving away from them...they dont supress as fast and they are slow...really slow ogryns make short work of them and they are easily caught out of position with a well placed spotter shell....t3 you are probably going to be contending with double prism this is when the problem starts you can get a counter with a simple melta storms which are increadibly effective at taking down these low hp fast skimmers solong as you push to assault the dire avengers as hard as you can beforehand leaving the prisms without detectors...a leman with executioner lets you mop up their infantry or vanquisher can easily beat a single prism...its not hard atlas :>

...and here is how it works in reality:

warlock gets close (he will survive that, i'm sure) and casts destructor + immolate, ig retreats the auto cannon (if ig reaches T2 before...) and usually at least 1 gm squad. next is 2gm +sentinel +spotter get steam rolled by the complete eldar army in seconds, GG.
Codex

Postby Codex » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 1:22 am

Guys, you know the drill. Break it up or it'll be bans for the both of you. I don't care who was in the right or not I just want it to be civil now. Now can we back to the topic?
Righteousness does not make right
Aetherion
Level 2

Postby Aetherion » Sun 26 Jul, 2015 5:10 am

Personally, I am not too familiar with IG, but from the other side (I main Eldar) Sentinels are annoying as hell. One is bad, two can be disastrous. 2x GM, 2 sentinels + spotters are one of the most troubling builds Eldar can face vs IG from my personal experience. The Inq's holy pyre is a nice DOT and hurts the Eldar's ability to dakka the GM down. In T2, it'll be hard to keep the sentinels alive cos of the entirety of the Eldar T2 being spike dakka (mostly). AK Storms I think for T2 to outrange Eldar.
CREED FOR THE PLAN GOD
ELDRAD FOR THE DICK THRONE
just as planned
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sun 26 Jul, 2015 5:23 pm

Yeah, MRT 16 has shown me a lot of good IG vs Eldar games, especially from Fredbrik. I think I'm going to check those out!
Lichtbringer
Level 3

Postby Lichtbringer » Sun 26 Jul, 2015 6:17 pm

Atlas wrote:Yeah, MRT 16 has shown me a lot of good IG vs Eldar games, especially from Fredbrik. I think I'm going to check those out!

I only watched the last games, and those have shown me, that Holy Pyre does 4 dps per second per Guardian Model, and Guardian Models while standing in it only do 6,8 dps themselfes. Wtf. :D

Return to “Strategy Discussion”