Mek vs PC

Strategy and L2P topics.
Aguxyz
Level 3

Mek vs PC

Postby Aguxyz » Wed 27 May, 2015 2:15 am

I need some advise vs PC as MekMan. I just dont know how to approach him or fight him he just counters orks and makes them bleed anyonce can help me out?
"Does the Seer see its own doom!?" -Tau commander
2torpid4u: You still haven't sucked my big pink nipples Agu :(
Crewfinity
Level 4

Re: Mek vs PC

Postby Crewfinity » Wed 27 May, 2015 8:38 am

Yeah this is a really really tough matchup. I haven't had success using stormboys against the plague champ, so my advice would be to load up on ranged damage with double upgraded shootas and lootas. Painboy and battery pack can help mitigate some of the bleed you'll get, just try to play defensively all through T1. If he gets havocs, try to turtle up and stop gen bashes until you get to T2, and abuse more dakka when you need to disrupt the PC or havocs. If he goes for raptors, try to punish thatwith sluggas and lootas. No lie though, Orks vs PC is one of my least favorite matchups in the game, bile spewed and havocs counters the entire T1 composition so hard :(
Cyris
Level 4

Postby Cyris » Wed 27 May, 2015 3:59 pm

Not a matchup I know terribly well, but...

Maybe double loota, especialy if he's going double CSM. I'm also a massive fan of the suppression gun on the Mek himself, as long as you back it up with enough firepower to force retreats. Play a bit like WSE in T1, focusing on keeping the Mek ninja-capping and the rest of your army huddled around your setup teams.
Aguxyz
Level 3

Postby Aguxyz » Thu 28 May, 2015 6:13 am

Ill try out what you guys are saying ive been thinking of a couple of stuff myself to try to go vs him
Daddy
Level 2

Postby Daddy » Fri 29 May, 2015 2:55 am

Lol another PC thread.

Look it, as orks you have it easy. Sluggas and stormboys.

Avoid and bleed the heretics, and those two units can practically chop up the rest of the chaos army. Plus sluggas scale really well and bash power really well.

If your r daring, try the suppresion gun with mek boy to control the PC. or better get your self some lootas.

The key here PC cant react quick enough to deal with Power melee of sluggas and stormboys ( This takes a heavy investment in gear and upgrades, slowing down tech). and ofc PC does not deal too well with long ranged suppresion.

I don't know too much of mekboy abilities, so you just have to make sure you support your sluggas. They will be vital in this match up.

Good luck.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 29 May, 2015 8:39 am

This is a pretty PC-favored matchup and unfortunately there isn't any real obvious answer here. I'd almost recommend fast teching to T2 if possible and focusing on upgrading a core staple of units so that they can sufficiently delay.

Storms are very hard to suggest since there's so many ways a PC can punish them if they try to initiate. Honestly, lootas are probably the best T1.5 bet but that's not saying much considering.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Fri 29 May, 2015 12:31 pm

If the PC goes blight nades, spewer, nm+havocs it's hard to stay what you can do but rat. Lootas are waste of time. They don't do the damage. I'de try stormboy+painboy and big shoota mek with battery pack. Rat constantly never fight full engagements. If he tries to bash then go for a counter-bash don't defend unless you have too becuase in a head-on fight you will get utterly wrecked but you have a mobility advantage and a dps advantage, plus come T2 it becomes waaaaay easier.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Venjitron
Level 2

Postby Venjitron » Sat 30 May, 2015 3:38 pm

l2micro
Aguxyz
Level 3

Postby Aguxyz » Sat 30 May, 2015 8:56 pm

ive always felt getting lootas vs PC is never a good choice i guess going stormz with painboy seems to be the best option atm
Crewfinity
Level 4

Postby Crewfinity » Sun 31 May, 2015 1:40 am

I dunno about that. Havocs stop approaches so well, so painboy is tough to really make good use of. Stormboys are hilariously bad at forcing off havocs. As soon as they jump the havocs the worshipping tics can suppress them and the bleed is just so untenable, especially with blight grenades. Even with battery pack and then painboy coming in later for heals the stormboyz aren't realistically going to get anything done in T1 against a high level PC with the many wargears he has at his disposal. if he's able to get any tech lead (probable with bile spewer or noise marines, which both perform well vs works), then bloodcrushers and khorne dreads only punish a stormboy choice even harder. At least that has been my experience :/
Aguxyz
Level 3

Postby Aguxyz » Sun 31 May, 2015 7:06 am

Yer I feel you might try some mathis tactics later on see how it works but other than that the only other way i can see beating PC is to make him do mistakes but again not that easy vs high lvl PC players lol
PhatE
Level 3

Postby PhatE » Sun 31 May, 2015 3:00 pm

Lootas are a gamble but they pay off for sure when they are used sneakily enough. The upfront fights are pretty bad but the surprise factor is not something to scoff at.

However relying on Lootas to do good damage even at close range is definitely not what one might want ;). The damage does happen but when it will actually happen we'll never know.

Stormboyz + painboy mixture vs the PC is your best bet at doing something worth while. If you feel that you're behind then skip the shoota nobs but if you've done some good bashing with a nice fight or 2 then go for the shoota nobs.
Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/phatness_

Since everyone forgets, my timezone is AEST (UTC/GMT) +10 hours. AEDT is (UTC/GMT) +11 hours. Hopefully no-one tells me what time any tournament is on.

Return to “Strategy Discussion”