dark reapers are OP versus SM along with banshees/shuris

Strategy and L2P topics.
krimson
Level 1

dark reapers are OP versus SM along with banshees/shuris

Postby krimson » Sat 11 Oct, 2014 10:04 pm

Hi guys,
I am at a loss countering the combo: eldar hero+ guardian+ banshees+ dual shuri (shuri/ranger is also difficult but little less intimidating but more risky)+ dark reapers versus my teleporting fc+ tac+two scouts+asms with leader (this is what i do while i get the dred but dred effect is minimized by wraithlord as soon as it comes out).

Anyhow, i find this setup extremely difficult to beat. at best i take a lot of losses and retreat... at worse i have my asms decimated...

so my asms jump one shuri and my fc jump the other shuris...banshees immediately attack asms..and my entire two scout and tac pour fire on the banshees until the eldar hero ties up my tac....prob is here is how the battle goes...

1. dark reapers fire on asms and along with banshees just decimate them unless i have a jump and retreat within few moments
2. my fc scare of the other shuri but many times the first shuri relocates..fc counters that..

3. guardians scare of the scouts and the grenade can kill the scouts or the tacs but that is lucky

4. tacs get countered by hero..

as soon as asms retreat..banshees and dark reapers then just decimate my entire army...i am kind of out of ideas how to counter this...

i cant jump on the dark reapers..because then the other shuri destroys my army...only way i think it might work is getting second asm..and getting all av for the inevitable wraith lord...jump fc with thunderhammer on the banshees ...will he win (i dunno) jump asms on dark reapers and the second shuri...
Phoenix

Re: dark reapers are OP versus SM along with banshees/shuris

Postby Phoenix » Sat 11 Oct, 2014 10:29 pm

You should be glad that he did not go for rangers, this way your scouts have much more breathing space and dont bleed (that much) in this mu. Exploit his lack of detection and try to wipe shuris with grenades out of infiltration. One of them can be enough (depending on how the shuri members are spread out), two will definitly wipe a shuri.
Keep in mind that energy shields can negate the grenades damage depending on the angle you throw them. If you cant get a good throw in because of the shields try to make the eldar move by focussing other parts of the map/his genfarm, he only has one Dire Avenger squad which cannot deploy their shields everywhere/ frequently enough for 2 moving shuris.

If the eldar goes for Dark Reapers as first t2 choice try to get a fast vehicle out. He will have to respond in a brightlance (which means one less shuri) and complimental av to bring it down which makes it easier for your blob to approach the eldar.
BaptismByLoli
Level 4

Postby BaptismByLoli » Sat 11 Oct, 2014 10:42 pm

Who's your hero?
Also, Dark Reapers are supposed to be good against SM units cause of their Heavy Infantry armour
Last edited by BaptismByLoli on Sat 11 Oct, 2014 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Sat 11 Oct, 2014 10:42 pm

What phoenix said is indeed correct, but I would suggest to go for a razorback rather than any other vehicle, dreds are too exposed and trying to retire one is a dead sentence, a well microed RB costs less, permits you to easily invest in sterns and on your hero and does the same thing an AC dred does for way less cost, plus it helps you to counter the eldar map control, quite useful especially vs a WSE.
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Wed 05 Nov, 2014 1:00 am

Razor is life

Return to “Strategy Discussion”