Dealing with Banshees and Heretics as OM 3v3

Strategy and L2P topics.
rusoverdose
Level 0

Dealing with Banshees and Heretics as OM 3v3

Postby rusoverdose » Fri 17 Feb, 2023 11:26 am

Hi, everyone

Could anybody tell me a build against eldar 2 banshees? Mainly I play BC. Operatives seem to be a choice, but they need to be controlled well.

And Heretics, they die as flies, but they are so cheap to reinforce. So I kill a lot of heretics with SS, and often, loose just one model. But I have economical troubles, not Chaos. Do I make it wrong?
Torpid

Re: Dealing with Banshees and Heretics as OM 3v3

Postby Torpid » Fri 17 Feb, 2023 4:44 pm

Yeah you are gonna need purgation for the chaos heretics and I'd recommend some buffing gears to help the strikes out in any duals. You got chem nades on EA, bulwark on BC and sundering on the DH. I think the sundering is a bit UP at the moment and not really worth it.

Now, if the chaos player buys noise marines I would also suggest getting armour of fortitude for the DH to help his tankiness so he can keep those NM tied up. The power sword on the BC would help here for the extra DR buff and more importantly the large damage increase vs the NM.

The EA really struggles vs chaos.

Vs eldar 2x shees I'm not sure. Operatives are definitely helpful. I don't really think purgation works here, the fleet of foot speed buff, the leap if they go aspect of fleetness and them only being 5 models... it's so easy for them to tie you up. 2x IST are questionable, they have the extra focus fire vs the shees but they are not a very cost effective unit vs eldar since guardians beat them so hard in terms of trading and IST don't help too much vs. I guess 1 IST, 1 Strike, 1 OP, 1 interceptor is probably the best bet. Or 2 operatives no interceptor. Or 2 operatives 1 interceptor if you somehow never bleed - you obviously need to get some wipes/gen bash in that case and this would be against a rather large build with 2 shees+1 ranger+1 shuriken, or 2 shuris instead of ranger.

I don't know what the best DH/BC wargears are vs shees. Perhaps as the DH you can try purgation because of the combination of rift tear + purg ability. Alterntatively you could try combo that with the EA with chem nade suppression+purg ability. The problem for the EA doing this approach is that you will be extremely vulnerable to shurikens. DH being able to go armour of fortitude helps with this. DH has extra synergy with interceptors since he can gift them energy.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
rusoverdose
Level 0

Postby rusoverdose » Fri 17 Feb, 2023 6:46 pm

Ok, thank you. But what about tier 2? 2x shees can help eldar wih rhino even without brightlance. Not sure, but purifiers do not seem useful. Librarian is ok but has no AV and expensive, upgrades are desired. Sarges for every squad (ISH, SS, OP, IS) from tier1 - expensive and no hard AV. Dred - tons of energy, and as AV is controversial. VA?
Eldar has universal falcon (does not need any upgrade to be effective against everything) usually. Or lord.
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Sat 18 Feb, 2023 3:47 am

in t2 just get a razorback. Follow it up with purgs in case he goes falcon or WL so you can swap to beamer. Keep them default for CC if he doesn't.

You don't want to engage with them directly in t2, you want to poke at them until you've got the advantage. Same goes for t1 really
Fas est ab hoste doceri
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Sat 18 Feb, 2023 11:48 am

I like Vindi+lasrhino+OM libby vs eldar, typically in that order.

Vindi is good vs all. Las-rhino is nice to force AV and with the vindi can take on even brightlance wraithlord.

OM libby helps vs the banshees.

Honestly in T2 with the jacked strike squad justicar and interceptors finally having a useful ability for melee fights with the teleport-kb you should be fine beating the banshees up in melee. Banshee exarch doesn't do much to help vs melee, mostly ranged with the 50% ranged damage reduction whilst fleeting.

You also get the hammer/warding staff/halberd all of which are great for beating up banshees in t2 as BC. Force glaive as the DH. And either of the EA weapons helps as well.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
rusoverdose
Level 0

Postby rusoverdose » Sat 18 Feb, 2023 6:18 pm

Thanks! A lot of controlling groups like Tyranide style, very hard. Anyway these builds eat a lot of popup. In late game (3v3) I can face Avatar or even Baneblade/Leman/Land raider/termis from eldar teammates. Usually I make Termis/Paladins vs superheavies. Should I suicide any squads? I am not sure Vindi and Lasrhino are enough against it. Maybe with DH rites of exorcism (roe). I like this ability. I tried to use roe only with one AV in tier2. Not bad. Or some other options not paladins. I have tried EA with melta and two operatives with meltas (operatives + IS are harder to control) and lasrhino. This set can kill even lord. But tier3 is questionable. I have not a lot of experience dealing with superheavies.
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Sun 19 Feb, 2023 6:37 am

rusoverdose wrote:Thanks! A lot of controlling groups like Tyranide style, very hard. Anyway these builds eat a lot of popup. In late game (3v3) I can face Avatar or even Baneblade/Leman/Land raider/termis from eldar teammates. Usually I make Termis/Paladins vs superheavies. Should I suicide any squads? I am not sure Vindi and Lasrhino are enough against it. Maybe with DH rites of exorcism (roe). I like this ability. I tried to use roe only with one AV in tier2. Not bad. Or some other options not paladins. I have tried EA with melta and two operatives with meltas (operatives + IS are harder to control) and lasrhino. This set can kill even lord. But tier3 is questionable. I have not a lot of experience dealing with superheavies.

A tip. You can get more replies for your questions by asking at the strategy-discussion section of the main Elite Discord at the same time as at the forum. https://discord.gg/jKVfpj3

More exposure, more replies.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"

Return to “Strategy Discussion”