Project Optimize: Eldar chapter

Strategy and L2P topics.
Tex
Level 4

Project Optimize: Eldar chapter

Postby Tex » Wed 14 Dec, 2022 5:11 pm

Hey all,

I finally have some free time on my hands again, and I decided to start a project with Eldar. I have watched a bunch of replays lately, and it seems to me that of all the races, eldar have the lowest level of optimization in play. I fully admit that this could be entirely my viewpoint alone, but regardless, I am using this as my motivation to go on a journey of figuring out better pathways for play. I am starting with Eldar, but my hope is that I can at least get through a couple of other races this winter as well.

I'm looking for some community participation, so here is how its going to work:
Record your games with the ESL app.
Post the link to your game and provide a description in as much detail as your want, and especially, post an accurate time stamp if it is just a passage of play that is being highlighted, rather than the overall match.

More to come!
Broodwich
Level 4

Re: Project Optimize: Eldar chapter

Postby Broodwich » Wed 14 Dec, 2022 6:03 pm

define "optimized"
Fas est ab hoste doceri
Tex
Level 4

Re: Project Optimize: Eldar chapter

Postby Tex » Thu 15 Dec, 2022 4:17 am

So the ideas with "optimized" would be like:

-A great, or perhaps even the best possible response for a scenario
example) What is the best response possible with (insert eldar hero) to early game ork pressure from 2x slugga 2x shoota

-A great, or perhaps even the best possible sequence for microing a certain group of units

-A great, or perhaps even the best possible positioning on the map, given specific criteria
example) How to force an IG player to rotate unfavorably away from your gen farm with a certain movement pattern or setup

-Timing attacks that we are largely unaware of

-Micro tricks

-Build order improvements

-Thoughtful wargear swap builds on heros

I'm sure there is more, but those are some ideas for now.

Return to “Strategy Discussion”