Search found 3210 matches

by Torpid
Mon 17 Jun, 2013 11:46 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Wish Lists (for beyond 2.1)
Replies: 304
Views: 28010

Re: Wish Lists (for beyond 2.1)

the seer council is a poorly implemented unit but it didn't matter enough because it was t3, expensive, and limited to one hero. now they're still expensive and t3 but slightly cheaper and available to 3 heroes. really, they should be a misc wargear upgrade for the farseer that turns her into a squ...
by Torpid
Mon 17 Jun, 2013 11:40 am
Forum: Balance discussion
Topic: Hive Nodes
Replies: 20
Views: 2576

Re: Hive Nodes

Ok so we all agree that they are over-performing then, so what can be done about them, do you agree with my changes? Try to add to the solution here guys rather than just saying Dat's OP! Incidentally, Raffa, would you say the same as you say about nodes with turrets, that is, "If you use them ...
by Torpid
Mon 17 Jun, 2013 11:36 am
Forum: Balance discussion
Topic: Raptors' Jump
Replies: 23
Views: 3132

Re: Raptors' Jump

Yeah, it would be impossible. Chaos already massacre eldar, changing raptors to have a double jump would make that MU even more hellish. Really, they do so much dps now they don't need the double jump, not to mention how much better the other chaos units are to the space marine roster in t1. Double ...
by Torpid
Sat 15 Jun, 2013 6:25 pm
Forum: Balance discussion
Topic: Imperial Guard Topic
Replies: 135
Views: 12315

Re: Imperial Guard Topic

Lag wrote:That fist is insanely powerful as it is.


Agreed on that, it needs no buffs, it's as cheap as crumpled cake at the moment and does great damage.
by Torpid
Sat 15 Jun, 2013 6:22 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Bugs/Issues Thread
Replies: 854
Views: 62104

Re: Bugs/Issues Thread

Kvek wrote:Raptors with meltas have no suppression on jump


He means they lose their suppression while in the process of obtaining meltas even though at that point they still have chainswords/lc.
by Torpid
Fri 14 Jun, 2013 2:22 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: A few Tyranid Ideas I've been kicking around...
Replies: 10
Views: 1850

Re: A few Tyranid Ideas I've been kicking around...

Ja, I understand what you're getting at. I suppose I'm sounding like an idiot now, aren't I? Honestly, I like the Tyranids very much; they were my first tabletop army, back in the day... I just have a hard time dealing with some of the newer updates, particularly in regards to a few of my favorite ...
by Torpid
Thu 13 Jun, 2013 6:05 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: 2.2 preview
Replies: 212
Views: 26887

Re: 2.2 preview

I mean when compared to the vanguard upgrade it certainly does seem lackluster, but then again making them too effective as a melee squad would make them a bit too versatile with the melta guns too. Meh, maybe the daemon maul should be heavy melee or something.
by Torpid
Thu 13 Jun, 2013 4:13 pm
Forum: Balance discussion
Topic: Hive Nodes
Replies: 20
Views: 2576

Hive Nodes

I believe hive nodes (HN) are in a very peculiar situation at the moment. In the next patch they will regenerate hp very slowly, which is perfectly fine as they can't be repaired and the rate is ofc not gonna be anything like nurgle worship. Regardless the structure is odd in that it is very rarely ...
by Torpid
Thu 13 Jun, 2013 4:01 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Bugs/Issues Thread
Replies: 854
Views: 62104

Re: Bugs/Issues Thread

There appears to be an issue with bloodcrushers and their charge. Randomly when I use chaos I just instinctively (from my retail days) want to charge a BC at stuff to knock them over in retreat, of course it doesn't work... Always. However, the weird thing is about 30% of the time it does work. Yeah...
by Torpid
Thu 13 Jun, 2013 3:54 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: 2.2 preview
Replies: 212
Views: 26887

Re: 2.2 preview

Icon of Khorne gives +2.5% hp per hit? Do you mean 1.5% as iirc it always was 1%. There are some typos in the changelog, that's just one of the few. Number crunching and making getting the actual stats up-to date, so like I said. Changelog's gonna change! :mrgreen: I just want you to admit that the...
by Torpid
Thu 13 Jun, 2013 3:43 pm
Forum: Random stuff
Topic: Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade (MMO)
Replies: 312
Views: 39408

Re: So cool!

Servant of CTan wrote:No Necrons? :(

Lol. Seriously though, this looks amazing, and since M$ has decided to forgo gamers, I would be getting this for PS4 or PC.


Microsoft just have the worst PR/MR department:

http://wjminnovate.wordpress.com/2013/0 ... d-to-head/
by Torpid
Wed 12 Jun, 2013 4:35 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: 2.2 preview
Replies: 212
Views: 26887

Re: 2.2 preview

Kvek wrote:Yeah so you can't stop him from teleporting ur terminators into death...


Don't get terminators against a t3 sorceror like you wouldn't get genestealers against a t2 force commander w/ iron halo, artificer and thunderhammer, or double AC tics against a t1 HT w/ rending talons.
by Torpid
Wed 12 Jun, 2013 3:02 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: 2.2 preview
Replies: 212
Views: 26887

Re: 2.2 preview

It's still an excessive nerf without anything to compensate. I'll accept the argument that it was a tad bit OP since it had no hard counters, but still it costs 200/50 is t3 and can be countered by killing the sorceror. Not to mention things like subjugate-nukes have the additional cost of 500 red t...
by Torpid
Wed 12 Jun, 2013 12:03 am
Forum: Balance discussion
Topic: Ork Topic
Replies: 328
Views: 24672

Re: Ork Topic

The deff dread/bloodcrusher comparison is unfair, the reason the bloodcrusher is so overpriced is because it used to cost 45 power, at the time there was a problem of chaos players rushing a bloocrusher wich was extremely strong, before the power increase though there had been a build time increase...
by Torpid
Mon 10 Jun, 2013 10:00 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: 2.2 preview
Replies: 212
Views: 26887

Re: 2.2 preview

Lol @ arbitor, you nearly throw yourself into a pit of fire there. @Cyris - Just because a unit isn't used in every single MU doesn't make it UP. This rule of thumb is the reason why we currently have WG that are ridiculous for IG to battle, yet still nobody uses them in any other MU (except sometim...
by Torpid
Mon 10 Jun, 2013 9:49 am
Forum: Balance discussion
Topic: Ork Topic
Replies: 328
Views: 24672

Re: Ork Topic

Why should the deff dread, a t2 walker vehicle similar in price to the bloodcrusher, not the chaos dreadnought, be able to counter t3 tanks which cost sbustantially more. I think the deff dread should be considered a bloodcrusher, it's cheap and cheerful and very effective for a vehicle rush, heck d...
by Torpid
Mon 10 Jun, 2013 1:04 am
Forum: Balance discussion
Topic: Ork Topic
Replies: 328
Views: 24672

Re: Ork Topic

@caralimon

Read my response again. See if it makes sense.
by Torpid
Sun 09 Jun, 2013 5:12 pm
Forum: Balance discussion
Topic: Ork Topic
Replies: 328
Views: 24672

Re: Ork Topic

Well the reason why you wouldn't just buy another one is because then that would die, and then you would have to buy another, and then that would die... Instead you want to be able to have a wartrukk on the field at the same time that your opponent has AV without the trukk dying so you buy the armou...
by Torpid
Sun 09 Jun, 2013 3:10 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: 2.2 preview
Replies: 212
Views: 26887

Re: 2.2 preview

This is a fantastic change log! I'm very very pleased with this. The changes to the GK are looking very nice indeed, and in fact I may actually give them a go in 1v1 now :P Also artillery spotters detecting is really good because it means simple things like going up against k-nob (especially his dam...
by Torpid
Fri 07 Jun, 2013 11:47 pm
Forum: Balance discussion
Topic: Please please can we fix Cata bleed?
Replies: 86
Views: 8305

Re: Please please can we fix Cata bleed?

Such would be a massive blow to a race that is far from over performing at the moment. I mean really, do you realise how much additional bleed this would cause?
by Torpid
Fri 07 Jun, 2013 2:24 pm
Forum: Balance discussion
Topic: Please please can we fix Cata bleed?
Replies: 86
Views: 8305

Re: Please please can we fix Cata bleed?

I really really don't think making catachans bleed even more is a good idea. They bleed enough as it is, and if they start to bleed like a GM squad then how the hell are IG ever meant to get into late tier2? There's a reason why they have so many die last models, if you want more consistency in kill...
by Torpid
Fri 07 Jun, 2013 12:42 pm
Forum: Balance discussion
Topic: Please please can we fix Cata bleed?
Replies: 86
Views: 8305

Re: Please please can we fix Cata bleed?

Well Hellu players :D and ragers. So you ppl say Catachans are not bleeding ? Lucky does not many of you guys play IG right ? 1) I would rather make my Devils bleed some to keep more health on them when the fight is on. What is does mean ? What the hell is does mean ? Thats mean Devils suffer much ...
by Torpid
Fri 07 Jun, 2013 3:31 am
Forum: Balance discussion
Topic: Imperial Guard Topic
Replies: 135
Views: 12315

Re: Imperial Guard Topic

In conclusion then it would seem that purgatus is too expensive. IG already has to pay a damn lot for it's t2 and bleed hurts the inquisitor badly as kan has noted. Everyone but orks and nids have to invest most of their T2 resources in upgrades, that said, purgatus is an extremely powerful wargear...
by Torpid
Fri 07 Jun, 2013 3:24 am
Forum: Balance discussion
Topic: Please please can we fix Cata bleed?
Replies: 86
Views: 8305

Re: Please please can we fix Cata bleed?

I can't believe what I'm reading here, clearly none of you guys who are suggesting both a nerf to the bleed of catachans, and a nerf to their damage even play IG. Allow me to elaborate as someone who mains IG, but also plays SM/nids in 1v1 and realise how bad IG are as a result purely of catachans: ...
by Torpid
Fri 07 Jun, 2013 2:29 am
Forum: Balance discussion
Topic: Imperial Guard Topic
Replies: 135
Views: 12315

Re: Imperial Guard Topic

As an inquisitor player myself I find rarely find myself ever going to t3. Occasionally against a space marine or an ork who I've managed to bleed exceptionally a leman can be immensely useful, but generally as the inquisitor and as IG the game ought to have ended before that point, or you simply do...
by Torpid
Thu 06 Jun, 2013 5:33 pm
Forum: Balance discussion
Topic: Tyranid Topic
Replies: 122
Views: 11145

Re: Tyranid Topic

I find that a bit extreme. Three is a very small number and it gets rid of their current use for aiding in combat which I assume is intended, and I don't believe is terribly OP. with a rise in the price of red too I don't see the problem with leaving them uncapped but making them not-permanent.
by Torpid
Thu 06 Jun, 2013 4:45 pm
Forum: Balance discussion
Topic: Tyranid Topic
Replies: 122
Views: 11145

Re: Tyranid Topic

I was wondering if we could do something about the capillary towers, as like the webway gates, I fear they are a little bit too good. Now for the price of 35 one tower doesn't do too much, it just makes nearby nids move a bit quicker, and can be used to turn a engagement slightly more in the nids fa...
by Torpid
Thu 06 Jun, 2013 4:33 pm
Forum: Strategy discussion
Topic: Dealing with 3 sent, LG and repair bunker in T1
Replies: 17
Views: 2437

Re: Dealing with 3 sent, LG and repair bunker in T1

Well it's certainly not a build that is easy to pull off, so that's a start. I mean eldar are a good race when played by a player which impeccable micro, possibly OP when compared to someone playing chaos with impeccable micro, but that's kind of the point of the race. Well here this is a true chees...
by Torpid
Tue 04 Jun, 2013 9:15 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Wish Lists (for beyond 2.1)
Replies: 304
Views: 28010

Re: Wish Lists (for beyond 2.1)

Lag wrote:Jump packs on Catachans would be great. Thanks.


Yeah, either that or teleporting ogryns.




Not an active ability of ogryns of course... Rather an ability of the subcommander psyker nearby.
by Torpid
Sat 01 Jun, 2013 12:24 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Registration: Monthly Rumble Tournament #1!
Replies: 71
Views: 7007

Re: Registration: Rumble Dawn of War II Elite Tournament!

Signing up:

-[EG] That Torpid Gamer

-Force Commander, Inquisitor, Lictor Alpha.

P.S Judgement but not leviathan hive makes me sad, although I do realise you trying to get people playing on makes like green tooth jungle again to w/e

Go to advanced search