Clan Tournament

Tournament discussion and registration.
Fr33man1800
Level 2

Re: Clan Tournament

Postby Fr33man1800 » Wed 25 Nov, 2015 10:47 am

Dark Riku wrote:Team in the making: [CHoE]
Would like to know with how many peeps we have to be.

Ideally 5 players would be nice but since I think that it may be difficult to get them ill make it 4 players instead with 1 veto x team.
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Fri 27 Nov, 2015 5:21 am

If a clan needs a recruit, msg me...
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Fri 27 Nov, 2015 2:21 pm

Tex wrote:If a clan needs a recruit, msg me...

Atlas' clan is looking for some more members :-)
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 27 Nov, 2015 3:15 pm

Yeah we have an opening if you're interested! Just check out viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2230 and we should be good. Riku tells me we only need 4 now but the more the merrier if people can't show.
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Fri 27 Nov, 2015 5:26 pm

Atlas wrote:

Yeah we have an opening if you're interested! Just check out viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2230 and we should be good. Riku tells me we only need 4 now but the more the merrier if people can't show.

Our "clan" is much cooler. ;)

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Compan ... l_of_Elite

Altho we alredy got 5 if that's a problem.
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 27 Nov, 2015 5:49 pm

Alright the Metal Band \m/ >.< \m/ "Engorging Afterbirth" \m/ >.< \m/ has been formed :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: We'll go with [EGAH] for short.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2230 is the link for our people. We have just barely enough for a roster, but more will definitely be welcome in case people need to head out on tourney day.

If interested in joining, just drop your name in the ^ thread along with your instrument of choice and any nicknames you like.

Keep head slamming bros \m/ >.< \m/ \m/ >.< \m/ \m/ >.< \m/
Adila
Level 3

Postby Adila » Sun 29 Nov, 2015 3:34 pm

Team Ordo Malleus Elite(OME)is ready to go
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Adila610
[EL] The Emperor
Level 2

Postby [EL] The Emperor » Sun 29 Nov, 2015 7:49 pm

So here are the teams that the Emperor's Loyalists will be submitting for this "clan" tournament:

Team 1: Cyris, Crewfinity, Black Relic

Team 2: The Emperor of Mankind, Paige of Abnormal Tactics, BigMike

Team 3: Bruce, Disposable Heroes, Nightmare

Alternates: Bulbus, Impregnable, Titan, The Which Way, Elitus

Also look at all the clan leaders in the room very impressive how quickly people can make a "clan" for a "tournament"... hahaha!!
Steam Name: [EL] The Emperor of Mankind
Fr33man1800
Level 2

Postby Fr33man1800 » Sun 29 Nov, 2015 10:23 pm

Ok since we have plenty of teams now ill soon post some rules like i.e disconections, players not showing up, reserve not joining etc... Also will post if games will be BO3 , BO5 etc... im open to suggestions as always.

Some preliminary rules:

All units factions and comanders allowed, HOWEVER NO BUG USING IS ALLOWED that means that any known bug being exploited like purchasing the cloack of shadows for the WL will automatically result in the loss of that game for the team. If the bug is accidental or both teams agree in rematch the game will be replayed .

If a team does not have a reserve player avaible within 10-15 min when the loosing team makes veto of one of their player the team gets an automatic loss. However they will be allowed to continue playing even if no reserve shows at all for the continuation of the tournament. This rule applies for each round meaning that the clan/players who dont have replacements will always start with 1 lost game.

Teams will be allowed to get whoever they want for their team in case someone is missing. They dont have to be registred previously. However when a team is defeated in the tournament the players that made that team CAN'T join other teams (Unless BOTH TEAMS agree thats ok)

If a player disconects during the tournament or game crashes its up to the teams playing to decide what should be the course of action, in case that they dont reach an agreement it will be up to the referees (or if i dont get anyone to help me , myself) to decide what should be the course of action, so in order to be impartial (since im participating in the tournament as well) im asking if someone please can volunteer for being a referee.

If one team does not showup in 15 mins before the game is ready to be played and they dont find enough players to start the game they will be automatically disqualified.

And that covers some of the basics, ill think i still need to add some extra rules in order to make it all clear. As I said im open to suggestion and none of this is final so please letme know what you think.
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Sun 29 Nov, 2015 10:45 pm

Fr33man1800 wrote:...

You should put that in the first post again.
[EL] The Emperor
Level 2

Postby [EL] The Emperor » Mon 30 Nov, 2015 7:53 am

I think this whole veto power thing is an abusive rule to be honest. I don't think you should stick with it, I mean an automatic loss? I am not worried about my clan members attendance but the very idea is a little ridiculous when we have hard enough times getting 1v1s together.
Steam Name: [EL] The Emperor of Mankind
Adila
Level 3

Postby Adila » Mon 30 Nov, 2015 11:07 am

Getting any player if someone is missing sounds a bit stupid to me, I remember the last 2v2 where one Team wanted to bring in Holyhammer, after already swaping a player, which didnt work at the end but still a stupid rule. And that ban rule should be thought about again too.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Mon 30 Nov, 2015 11:17 am

Count me in as a streamer. 8-)
Fr33man1800
Level 2

Postby Fr33man1800 » Mon 30 Nov, 2015 11:32 am

Toilailee wrote:
Fr33man1800 wrote:...

You should put that in the first post again.

Well they are not definitive yet so im going to hold on that.

I think this whole veto power thing is an abusive rule to be honest. I don't think you should stick with it, I mean an automatic loss? I am not worried about my clan members attendance but the very idea is a little ridiculous when we have hard enough times getting 1v1s together.

I dont think its an abusive rule at all it just makes the tournament more interesting and shows more players and different styles it gives an oportunity to the less experienced teams to be able to pull out wins and have a shot at winning. Else the team with the strongest 3 players win, and the tournament is less exiting to play/watch IMO .

Besides its not meant to be like a super serious/ultra skill based tournament , given the rules and map pool should be obious. Also loosing 1/3 games automatically its punishing, but not disqualifying, and even tho its not a serious tournament ppl who sign in should be expected to play out of respect for the other players, and i think its fair that for teams that do follow the rules.

Furthermore having the option to pick teams its more interesting since you can only veto the players who have played the game meaning that a valid strategy for a team could be first to pick their "weaker/less experienced players" (and also they get a shot at playing) and then they have the option of bringing the heavy guns into the next game while also having map choice and veto choice if they want. OFC there is also the risk of loosing one game then, which will most likely will make games go to the ace match. So i think that rule is beneficial and makes the tournament way more interesting, and if a team is composed of all good players and the best, shoudnt matter who gets veto'd .

Getting any player if someone is missing sounds a bit stupid to me, I remember the last 2v2 where one Team wanted to bring in Holyhammer, after already swaping a player, which didnt work at the end but still a stupid rule. And that ban rule should be thought about again too.

I dont quite understand why that would be a bad rule since it only makes it faster and easyer if any problems arise during the tournament but if more people ask for it i will certainly remove that rule.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Fri 04 Dec, 2015 8:01 pm

Real life kicked in and it looks like I won't be able to participate the 12th :(
Fr33man1800
Level 2

Postby Fr33man1800 » Fri 04 Dec, 2015 9:53 pm

Dark Riku wrote:Real life kicked in and it looks like I won't be able to participate the 12th :(

Well sucks to hear it :( , the other clan members will stay play?
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Fri 04 Dec, 2015 10:40 pm

I assume so yeah :)
Cyris
Level 4

Postby Cyris » Sat 05 Dec, 2015 12:31 am

Hey Freeman, thanks for putting this together.

Rule change request: Can we change starting location to fixed?

I'm all for random in puggy games, but this is a tournament. I feel like coming up with team plans/compositions for different maps is part of the fun of it. I'd rather intentionally pick a commander for a specific lane, then feel the need to stick with generalists commanders I'd be able to use in any lane.
Fr33man1800
Level 2

Postby Fr33man1800 » Sat 05 Dec, 2015 9:53 am

Cyris wrote:Hey Freeman, thanks for putting this together.

Rule change request: Can we change starting location to fixed?

I'm all for random in puggy games, but this is a tournament. I feel like coming up with team plans/compositions for different maps is part of the fun of it. I'd rather intentionally pick a commander for a specific lane, then feel the need to stick with generalists commanders I'd be able to use in any lane.

Actually I wanted to implement this as well , and also Torpid suggested it as well. I thought most ppl would object since on some maps i.e thyphon arena having a very good eldar player top can ruin the game for the whole team. However it also adds more strategy to the games. If no one objects to this rule will be on the tournament.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Sat 05 Dec, 2015 4:30 pm

Random positions actually are what make more sense, if you are good and playing with other good players you'll know how to react and adapt on the situation and change your strategies accordingly.
Cyris
Level 4

Postby Cyris » Sat 05 Dec, 2015 4:42 pm

Ace of Swords wrote:Random positions actually are what make more sense, if you are good and playing with other good players you'll know how to react and adapt on the situation and change your strategies accordingly.

Following that argument, why not random commanders and random maps too? If you are a good player, then you will make the best of it ;)

But seriously, on a lot of maps there is a solo lane and a duo lane. We'd want to put the two players who are practicing as a duo in he duo, and solo in the solo. Other maps have flanking land, a hold lane and the utility lane. We want our players who are practicing for these roles to be able to play them. Imagine a LOL match where you are told what lane to play AFTER character select. ADC has to jungle and your support is solo mid because the dice said so. It would mean that more matches are just over at char select. Yuck.

I want to see the truly degenerate strategies pre-made teams can come up with, not a bunch or random rolls.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Sat 05 Dec, 2015 5:04 pm

Cyris wrote:
Ace of Swords wrote:Random positions actually are what make more sense, if you are good and playing with other good players you'll know how to react and adapt on the situation and change your strategies accordingly.

Following that argument, why not random commanders and random maps too? If you are a good player, then you will make the best of it ;)

But seriously, on a lot of maps there is a solo lane and a duo lane. We'd want to put the two players who are practicing as a duo in he duo, and solo in the solo. Other maps have flanking land, a hold lane and the utility lane. We want our players who are practicing for these roles to be able to play them. Imagine a LOL match where you are told what lane to play AFTER character select. ADC has to jungle and your support is solo mid because the dice said so. It would mean that more matches are just over at char select. Yuck.

I want to see the truly degenerate strategies pre-made teams can come up with, not a bunch or random rolls.

Random maps and commanders? Fine by me, I'm not the one that needs to play GK to be good :^)

Even though it's not even close to the same thing since playstyle changes significantly between races and commanders, maps, not so much even less between lanes, sure there are some commanders that are better in X and some in Y but none is THAT much better on a lane than another to make a difference within the same game mode (here talking about 3v3).

We want our players who are practicing for these roles to be able to play them.

Jesus man, how much of a tryhard can you be, if you really wanted that you could just switch lanes anyway, on most maps the bases are so close that you can just switch with your mates, I think the only exception to this are JoC/baal and maybe another map or 2, again not that it matters, you aren't fine with your lane? Go push another one with your mate, It's not really hard to figure out these basics.

Also LoL is yet again a wrong comparison, since in that game there are designed roles for different lanes and we could go as far as to say that's all depth there's to that game but it's something that in DoW2 doesn't exist and is something that relic didn't even think of conceptually, they designed heroes around 1v1 with pro and cons which might affect other modes but doesn't affect "lane play" in any way significantly or well, the only exceptions would be commanders that can make turrets but there are plays and counterplays to that.
Cyris
Level 4

Postby Cyris » Sat 05 Dec, 2015 5:16 pm

Ace of Swords wrote:Random maps and commanders? Fine by me, I'm not the one that needs to play GK to be good :^)

Jesus man, how much of a tryhard can you be

Welp, we're done talking.

What do you say Freeman?
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Sat 05 Dec, 2015 5:59 pm

Cyris wrote:
Ace of Swords wrote:Random maps and commanders? Fine by me, I'm not the one that needs to play GK to be good :^)

Jesus man, how much of a tryhard can you be

Welp, we're done talking.

What do you say Freeman?

Were you triggered by any chance? :^)

Damn, when did the elite community get prima donnas that can't even handle some banter.
Cyris
Level 4

Postby Cyris » Sat 05 Dec, 2015 6:26 pm

Ace of Swords wrote:Damn, when did the elite community get prima donnas that can't even handle some banter.

Depends on the person. For me, it's when discussion and debate is replaced with ad hominem crap. You response pretty much reduced to "look at this tryhard, ammirite?"

And to follow up, you could have said "oh, sorry if that tryhard went too far, let's discuss this issue still". I'd bite, cause I love dow2 and I like discussions and debate and all that good stuff. Instead, you insinuated I'm a prima donna.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Sat 05 Dec, 2015 7:29 pm

Cyris wrote:
Ace of Swords wrote:Damn, when did the elite community get prima donnas that can't even handle some banter.

Depends on the person. For me, it's when discussion and debate is replaced with ad hominem crap. You response pretty much reduced to "look at this tryhard, ammirite?"

And to follow up, you could have said "oh, sorry if that tryhard went too far, let's discuss this issue still". I'd bite, cause I love dow2 and I like discussions and debate and all that good stuff. Instead, you insinuated I'm a prima donna.

But you are, I merely answered your 2 false equivalences (of which you were aware) with some jokes, but I guess I hit too close home 8-)

Beside yes, "lane training" for a tournament born of a twitch joke with no prizes, you don't come off as anything but a tryhard.
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Tue 08 Dec, 2015 3:48 am

Due to Riku bailing out we ditched the companion hall of elite and made a new group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/oldiNFboys
justfly
Level 0

Postby justfly » Tue 08 Dec, 2015 8:58 am

PhatE
Level 3

Postby PhatE » Tue 08 Dec, 2015 12:36 pm

Toilailee wrote:Due to Riku bailing out we ditched the companion hall of elite and made a new group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/oldiNFboys

You guys aren't even old
Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/phatness_

Since everyone forgets, my timezone is AEST (UTC/GMT) +10 hours. AEDT is (UTC/GMT) +11 hours. Hopefully no-one tells me what time any tournament is on.
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Tue 08 Dec, 2015 1:38 pm

Someone invite me already!

Return to “Tournaments”